PDA

View Full Version : kinda LC, but I must be a fish

bugstud
10-18-2005, 02:57 PM
I deicded to sit in the bellagio 40 mixed yesterday when my 30 holdem game sucked.

Within 4 minutes DS sits in the game. I dunno what to think about that.

Mr. Peanut
10-18-2005, 03:00 PM
DS most likely sat because of the Stud Hi-lo regular. If I had to guess, I would say that is probably one of his favorite games.

fnord_too
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
You are looking at this all wrong: if DS is sitting in the 40, it must be a sweet game since that is well below where he regularly plays, no?

Mr. Peanut
10-18-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are looking at this all wrong: if DS is sitting in the 40, it must be a sweet game since that is well below where he regularly plays, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also implying that since it is probably one of his best games, and it isn't widely spread anymore, he would likely have a large edge against most of the relatively inexperienced players in the game.

Regular hi-lo is probably the single best game to play against players that aren't very familiar with it. As was posted in the other thread about this particular mixed game, even regulars were in there jamming with hands like rolled up nines when they were clearly being freerolled. DS also doesn't necessarily regularly play much higher. I usually hear about people seeing him play 80 H (or up to about the 150 or 200 level depending on the availablity) games and walk if they aren't very good. David could certainly win at any level that he wanted to, but is very selective, and only plays in the best games.

Luv2DriveTT
10-18-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I deicded to sit in the bellagio 40 mixed yesterday when my 30 holdem game sucked.

Within 4 minutes DS sits in the game. I dunno what to think about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you stay? How did you do?
How did he do? For what its worth, just because he is in a game that doesn't mean he has a better chance of winning, but I would assume it means he has a bigger edge. Edge doesn't always = profit.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

bugstud
10-18-2005, 11:30 PM
hilo regular wasn't in the mix at the time.

I'm not sure how much of an edge david would have on me in the game, I remember his chapter rather well.

for the record I dropped 500 making rough 9's on the first draw with no good break or 5432 never making better than A2345.

Luv2DriveTT
10-19-2005, 06:19 PM
How was David at Triple Draw?

bugstud
10-19-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How was David at Triple Draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

saw him make a 76 outta the blinds and fold everything else.