PDA

View Full Version : Reads: most important things to look for?

10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
To remember everything every player at one table does, you need a good memory, or very fast note taking. To do the same at 8 tables you need to be a [censored] genius. We can't note or remember what every player does at our tables.

So we can't get complete reads. Now I was wondering, which 'reads' on players have the greatest impact on your ROI? For example: if you would really try to find out exactly what everybody's call range is on the bubble, you could make 'perfect' bubble decisions, and this would be very good for your ROI. On the other hand, if you'd know what someone does on the flop when he flops a flush , that won't help you a lot, because that situation is very rare.

So, if you go from paying no attention to players at all, to looking for every situation where someone calls big raises and all-ins, so you can figure out how big his call range is, your ROI should go up, or at least I think so.

My question: What do you guys think are the most important reads you can make in a SNG when you are multitabling? Imagine every detail you learn about opponents would get you a x% higher ROI, then for which details would x be the highest? I was wondering that, because you don't have enough time to pay attention to every individual hand, so it would be best if you try to focus on the important stuff. And then you need to know what is important. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pineapple888
10-18-2005, 02:40 PM
We just had a thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3660692&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) about this.

Regarding the bubble specifically:
- Who's going to make weak calls? This has a huge effect on your pushing range.
- Are people pushing into you when they should? If not, you have more time to wait for a premium hand.

The above two conditions often apply at low limits.

10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We just had a thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3660692&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.. oops. I even replied in that one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm still interested though, if anyone has some new thoughts.