PDA

View Full Version : BusterStacks

MrWookie47
10-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Has anyone else been following the fiasco in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3685935&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) in the affiliate forum? Apparently Buster has reneged on his commitment as an affiliate to pay people their due rakeback, waltzing away with thousands of their dollars. Needless to say, the natives are restless. This sort of thing can't reflect postively on 2+2, especially since he's not only been such an established member, but also since he's used this site to promote his business. Is there anything you think we should do? Whipping out the ban stick comes to mind, for sure, but I'm not sure it's best, and I'm not sure if that's all we should do.

Mat Sklansky
10-18-2005, 01:18 PM
No action should be taken by us. If the affiliate forum wants to ban him, I won't stop them, but TwoplusTwo is not in the affiliate business. If I find out he is trying to buy advertising from us in the future, I will block it.

MrWookie47
10-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Sounds reasonable. Thanks for chiming in. Say, it soulds in your post like someone can be banned from only the affiliate forum. Is that the case? I take it this is because of the fact that it is a separate "paid-for" forum?

Lloyd
10-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I think Mat meant that if one of the affiliate mods wanted to ban him (from 2+2 altogether), Mat wouldn't object. Of course, if one of them banned him they'd be accussed (once again) of improper moderation.

[censored]
10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
banning him would be horrible IMO, the best possible thing would be for him to come back into the discussion at some point. Clearly this is highly unlikely but it should still be an option. BTW I was one of his former players who I assume will not be getting paid.

craig r
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Right now we have no intention of banning Buster. One, it would probably be pointless, because I doubt he will post under that name anyways. Also, if he has a change of heart, it will make it tougher for him to clear his name. There is no doubt he is a scumbag for not paying his players what he can (even if it is less than what he promised), but I don't know what grounds we can ban him on.

Now, if he comes in that forum and starts flaming people, affiliates, etc... then we can ban him. But, I really don't know what we can ban him for now.

craig