PDA

View Full Version : So Close - Bad Beat Jackpots

Play Tight
06-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Short handed game with an approx. $18K bad beat jackpot. (A's full of J's or better.) All of these hands happened within about an hour and a half. I was catching everything, as you will see, and stuck around in many hands I probably wouldn't normally, but now I'm glad I did.

1st hand....I hold J8d and Flop 977 (2 d's) turn 9 betting gets out of control and I thought that they might have it already. River 10 d for my straight flush. They both show a 9 for the boat. We missed no biggie.

2nd hand....I have AJs flop comes AJA (2 c's) Checks around and turn brings 10c and betting goes ballistic. River was a rag but still alot of betting. I thought we had it, inexp. aggressive player shows offsuit broadway. I win the pot bot not the jackpot.

3rd hand....I have AQh flop comes AKA I bet to see where everyone is and get raised, I call and cross my fingers. Heads up and the other player can't hardley contain his smile. Turn was a rag and river brought my Q. Quick count of the pot and we each needed one bet to have the $30 minimum to pay out the jackpot. I bet out and was raised, I only called knowing we had bigger $$$ to think about..I showed only to see my opponet show pocket kings for the reverse boat.

4th hand....Pocket 4's flop comes 466. Checked to me I bet small $ and get one caller. Turn brings 4 for my quads. Checked to me I bet and get raised we each throw in a few more bets and I just call thinking I have it this time. River is a rag and we bet crazy for a minute or so and opponet calls and shows one 6 saying "we probably chop it up eh?" I said no and a few other words that would get censored here I'm sure.

Four opportunities for the bad beat in an hour and a half. I have never even gotten a table share in all the time I have been playing and then this. I felt like someone was peeing on my back and trying to tell me it was raining. All in all I didn't get any bad beat money but I sure gave out a lot of bad beats and walked up big time for the session.