PDA

View Full Version : AQo Problem

10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Hello ,

Here's a hand from Poker stars 5/10 limit . Full ring . Game is loose with a bunch of fish . Some good players in.

I have AQo on the button , Middle player (average) Bet, I call (normally I Three bet but sometimes I call) , Small Blind Call , Big Blind Call.

Flop : A 7 9 rainbow . SB, BB chek , raiser bet, I raise , SB Three bets , BB fold, Raiser fold, I call . Turn, River blank, he bet, bet, and I call to the end loosing vs AK

Well , do I have to fold the turn ? I though this option a little weak . Raising the turn and fold to a reraise ? hmmmm Auto call as i did ?

Thx for highlights

droolie
10-18-2005, 12:09 PM
A check 3-bet is a very powerful play, even on the flop. Reads are critically important but it usually means at least top pair top kicker on a rainbow uncoordianted board. He has two pair much off the time here.

I think the pot is big enough to call this down once you get HU though as your hand is good and you might be ahead, tied or have many counterfit outs to a better hand. The fact that villian didn't raise pf makes it hard to put him on specifically AK.

sy_or_bust
10-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Never cold-call preflop, it's really awful. You want to get HU against this raiser with a 3-bet, or you should fold. If you think you're ahead of the hands he opens in MP, which is often the case, 3-bet. AQo does not play well multiway, and you'd love to take the iniative with position in a heads-up pot.