PDA

View Full Version : We can do better than this...

stoli
10-18-2005, 11:24 AM
This may not be my spot since I still have the designation as "newbie," but I've been lurking on here for about a year and have just recently begun to post and respond. I learned so much from reading posts on here and from the 2+2 books, and I guess I'm just a little dissapointed to see so many replies to posts that say, "fold," "looks good," "c/fold the river." There still are some great threads and great posts made everyday, but they could be even better if some of the responders would elaborate a little more on their opinions. If you are going to take the time to reply, why not explain your thought proccess a little more too.

I certainly hope that nobody takes offense to this post. I greatly appreciate all of the help I've received on here from all of you and am just trying to extract the most information out of you all as possible.

thesharpie
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I also like posters to post their thought processes behind an action instead of a 1 liner. Some people do it to make you think why they chose that action instead of just accepting it blindly, and if you don't get it most will elaborate if you ask. Although some post 1 liners because they know the action but not the reason behind it, probably due to too many people posting 1 liners in threads they've learned from. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

TripleH68
10-18-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(I) am just trying to extract the most information out of you all as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start contributing in the way you suggest.
Leading by example may be the best approach here.

I might also add that some posters just have different styles, which makes the board more fun and interesting to read. Thanks.

jrz1972
10-18-2005, 12:58 PM
The reason why a lot of long-time posters give 2-3 word replies is because we see the same situations over and over again, many of them are cut-and-dried, and it becomes tiresome to rewrite the book on why you raise AJo UTG every time somebody decides to bring it up.

Also, we're often responding to threads where somebody else has already advocated a particular course of action, and we're just chiming in to say "I agree."

There's plenty of well-reasoned discussion in most of the threads that crop up in this forum, but it's not necessary for every post from every poster to be paragraphs in length.

TomBrooks
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason why a lot of long-time posters give 2-3 word replies is because we see the same situations over and over again, many of them are cut-and-dried, and it becomes tiresome to rewrite the book on why you raise AJo UTG every time somebody decides to bring it up.

Also, we're often responding to threads where somebody else has already advocated a particular course of action, and we're just chiming in to say "I agree."

There's plenty of well-reasoned discussion in most of the threads that crop up in this forum, but it's not necessary for every post from every poster to be paragraphs in length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes people just quote someone else's post to show agreement with it and because they don't have much else to add.

jrz1972
10-18-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes people just quote someone else's post because to show agreement with it and because they don't have much else to add.

[/ QUOTE ]

adsman
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes people just quote someone else's post because to show agreement with it and because they don't have much else to add.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good.

veganmav
10-19-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold AJo UTG at some tables.

2+2 wannabe
10-19-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Shillx
10-19-2005, 04:51 AM
Posting here is -EV for a lot of us (not me though). You should be thankful that people even take the time to say a few words let alone type a novel. I don't want to say more on the issue so please don't provoke me.

adsman
10-19-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and am just trying to extract the most information out of you all as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the part that really got up my goat.