PDA

View Full Version : PPM semi final approx numbers ?

simpsp31
10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone know approximately how many players there were in the last Limit PPM cruise semi finals. Also how long did it take to complete ?

Thansk Paul

MicroBob
10-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Last time isn't going to be the same as this time.

1 - more people are interested in playing as the cruise draws closer.

2 - they had a different semi-final structure for the first month or so of the last qualifying period and not as many people were trying it. then things were a little screwy while they set up the new structure.

I expect more player for the semi-finals this time around.

I think one of them last time had 500 players and the top 10 qualified for the cruise.

I remember finishing 16th on one where the top 7 got the cruise (so about 350 players).

They take a REALLY long freaking time.
Most people have more chips to start (because you can purchase extra chips) and the levels are longer too (20 minutes to start...and then 30 minutes later on I think).

My guess would be 8-10 hours or so if you are going to make it all the way through to the finish but I don't remember for sure.

Nick-Zack
10-18-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My guess would be 8-10 hours or so if you are going to make it all the way through to the finish but I don't remember for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

These tourneys go straight into stalling hell early too. I would guess closer to 12 hours before you win.