PDA

View Full Version : FTP $50 for 150 FTP points

absou1ut
10-18-2005, 09:01 AM
I just got his offer in my email:

------------------------
Dear Tilter,

Full Tilt Poker wants you to know that you are important to us. As a token of our appreciation, we would like to extend you a special offer. Starting today, your play over the next two weeks will qualify you for your choice of:

Premium Gear from the Full Tilt Poker Store
or
$50 in Cash

You can qualify for this offer if you play in any of our real money ring games and tournaments and earn 150 Full Tilt Points before 11:59PM ET on October 31st, 2005. You can earn 150 Full Tilt Points by playing just a few hours in our $.50/$1 games, and it takes even less time to qualify for your bonus at higher limits. Whatever limit you play, qualifying for this offer shouldn't take you more than an evening.
---------------------

I was wondering, how fast will this clear since it requires 3 FTP points per dollar of bonus. The sign bonus on BW says you need 16.6 points for each $1 in bonus money. So I am assuming this will clear MUCH quicker but I was wondering how much??

10-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I received an email for $100 (or two FT items) for 300 Points. Looks like i'll be making another deposit at FT.

absou1ut
10-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know if you can earn points for only being dealt cards? OR Do you have to actually contribute to the pot?

I couldn't find any answers on their site.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if you can earn points for only being dealt cards? OR Do you have to actually contribute to the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP Points (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/depositBonusDetails.php)

In a nutshell, one point per dollar in rake taken in a hand you are dealt cards, and you can receive partial points. Also 7 points per dollar in tourney fees.

absou1ut
10-18-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP Points (http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/depositBonusDetails.php)

In a nutshell, one point per dollar in rake taken in a hand you are dealt cards, and you can receive partial points. Also 7 points per dollar in tourney fees.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks...i will be depositing soon to play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hojglad
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm just curious about everyone's general impression of full tilt. It looks like a really neat site. How do you guys like playing there?

BigBiceps
10-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I think their GUI is one of the best out there.

I don't play limit HE there because the games are too tough.
The NL games were much softer than the limit games, so I played those instead.

Hojglad
10-18-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, nobody goes to that restaurant anyway, it's too crowded. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might just sign up with them regardless. It should be fun playing a new site. I hear their bonus is big, but relatively terrible for small stakes players (2/4 and under). Oh well. I like the cartoony avatars.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious about everyone's general impression of full tilt. It looks like a really neat site. How do you guys like playing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it.

I can't stand the Party/skins software (though I haven't tried party since the schism) because it was just crappy to look at and never felt stable. I much preferred Stars.

FullTilt reminds me of Stars. Different look, but similar feel. Stable, never had any disconnects. They aren't quite as large so the game selection suffers at times, and it's more geared to low buy in NL than limit. The SnGs, the NL ones have a much better (slower) structure than Party and you can earn FTP with them. FTP being the basis for clearing their 100% signup bonus. Also you can get rakeback there.

Some have had issues with their customer service but I have not had a bad experience there--not that I had many reasons to contact CS.

I consider it to be much like Stars, but smaller, and with rakeback. Also, the rake structure is closer to Stars than Party, and the $5 SnGs are .50 vig rather than $1.

Basically, I like it and hope it grows and expect that if it does, it will be my main room.

Oh, and the signup bonus clears slowly but in chunks and you have, I believe four months to clear it.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, nobody goes to that restaurant anyway, it's too crowded. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might just sign up with them regardless. It should be fun playing a new site. I hear their bonus is big, but relatively terrible for small stakes players (2/4 and under). Oh well. I like the cartoony avatars.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually have tournaments where as a bonus, the winner gets a custom avatar. Or you can buy one with something like a million points.

Hojglad
10-18-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the rake structure is closer to Stars than Party, and the $5 SnGs are .50 vig rather than $1.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking at their rake schedule and it looked to me like it was exactly the same as party at every limit I've played (up to 3/6). Either way, the existence of rakeback is attractive. I'm sort of viewing full-tilt as a speculative site right now. I'm of the opinion that it might be the "next big thing" in online poker due to all the marketing that's been going on with it. Also, the big name power should eventually draw fish there. I've heard that this has yet to happen for the limit games from more than one person.

[ QUOTE ]
They actually have tournaments where as a bonus, the winner gets a custom avatar. Or you can buy one with something like a million points.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, this is just awesome. I wonder if you get to submit a picture and have the dude that does the caricatures of all the "pros" on the site create a likeness of you... This sounds very cool. I might just sign up.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them.

d10
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
You can get 150 points (or 300 for that matter for the other poster) extremely quickly. This sounds like an awesome bonus, I wish I had been offered it, but I guess they don't need to offer anything to their regular players.

absou1ut
10-18-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get 150 points (or 300 for that matter for the other poster) extremely quickly. This sounds like an awesome bonus, I wish I had been offered it, but I guess they don't need to offer anything to their regular players.

[/ QUOTE ]
yup...i have never played on there sites except for a few private tournaments...thats it

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 08:31 PM
THIS IS THE BEST BONUS FOR THE AMOUNT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so soft, and not too many players, so you see the same folks a lot. Even the loose regulars can figure out if you are ABC, so you have to adjust. The big profits come from the strangers who come and go. I'm sure you've heard the bonus takes a long time to clear, and it comes in 10% bits.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sort of viewing full-tilt as a speculative site right now. I'm of the opinion that it might be the "next big thing" in online poker due to all the marketing that's been going on with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Just watching the main event tonight, there were tons of full tilt hats and jerseys in evidence. If that kind of thing works we should see a spike in playership. I haven't seen that many actual commercials for FullTilt during the WSOP which I find curious.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, this is just awesome. I wonder if you get to submit a picture and have the dude that does the caricatures of all the "pros" on the site create a likeness of you... This sounds very cool. I might just sign up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got to be something like that because they have four or five different emotion settings you can choose and they each display a slightly different facial expression.

Personally, I hate the damn things and turn them off but if I ever win one of those tournaments and get it as a bonus, I'm sending them this picture.

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/bailey/65/rasputin.jpg

Then I'll set it on angry and leave it that way. Of course, my name there isn't Rasputin but folks who know will know.

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 10:53 PM
wow greatest bonus ever for a hundo.

i had the 300 pts for 100 dollar bonus.

played 22 $22 1-table sit and gos and paid $44 in juice and got a benji out of the deal.

i hope they do this more.

Rasputin
10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Those of you who got this bonus, had you played there before and left?

I ask because I did not get it, and I'm wondering if it's because I'm playing there fairly regularly or if it's because I still have some initial deposit bonus to work off.

Which reminds me, a downside of FT is that if you have bonus dollars pending you don't qualify for reload bonuses.

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 11:59 PM
no, you dont qualify until you finish your current bonus. kinda sucks but oh well. no, i didnt play on there for awhile and if they are going to give me stuff like this im not going to play on there for awhile again.

KingMedicine
10-19-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, you dont qualify until you finish your current bonus. kinda sucks but oh well. no, i didnt play on there for awhile and if they are going to give me stuff like this im not going to play on there for awhile again.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont believe this is correct. i have like half of my original deposit bonus still pending and i got the 100$ for 300 points offer about 10 minutes ago in my email. the language in the email doesnt say anythign about needing to clear the initial deposit bonus first. it just says to earn 300 points before midnight on oct 31st.

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 02:29 AM
i was talking about the signup bonus then like a reload bonus. sorry about the confusion.

Rasputin
10-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I just noticed last night that the FullTilt store now includes a number of 2+2 books.

KingMedicine
10-19-2005, 11:04 AM
anyone know if you get credit for clearing the signup bonus WHILE youre clearing your 100$ for 300 points bonus?

if so, and with the ability to get a little value in the point store for the 300 additional earned points, this could be the best poker bonus ever.

like a poster above said, play 22 20+2 SNGs and pay 44 in rake. for that you get 100$ (300 points), some of your initial bonus worked off (not sure how much, ill post the amount after today), plus 300 points towards a 2+2 book.

jiminy. ill knock this out today playing SNGs and post whether the points count towards the initial bonus as well, and let you know how much of it it cleared.

first time ive ever been happy to play at full tilt.

djcolts
10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I play here all the time. I haven't gotten such an email, but I still have $40 to clear out of my latest $300 reload. Will I likely get such an email before the end of the month?

I've been playing the Jersey SNGs lately - good times, good times.

zutmin
10-19-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure these e-mail bonuses were sent to those who have not played at FTP for some time. I hadn't played there in 3-4 months prior to getting te e-mail last week for $100 for earning 300 FTPoints. Easy requirements taboot!

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 05:24 PM
the 100 for 300 pts is for ppl that played before but then their accounts went inactive because they didnt play much.

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
does anybody have the basketball one and if you do have one is it good quality?

KingMedicine
10-19-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play here all the time. I haven't gotten such an email, but I still have $40 to clear out of my latest $300 reload. Will I likely get such an email before the end of the month?

[/ QUOTE ]

decent chance. i first heard that they were sending this email offer out to people about 4 days ago. i got my email from them just last night. so they didnt send all the emails out at once. being so, id be sure to watch your email (mine got sent to junk mail, so check there too).

m bozeman
10-19-2005, 09:03 PM
I got the $50 for 150 points, and just cleared it by 4-tabling 1/2 holdem in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Too bad there regular bonus clearing structure stinks; I might play there more often.

KingMedicine
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got the $50 for 150 points, and just cleared it by 4-tabling 1/2 holdem in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Too bad there regular bonus clearing structure stinks; I might play there more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

did your bonus money credit immediately? im 1/2 way done with the 100$/300points bonus.

SCfuji
10-19-2005, 09:40 PM
it says 48 hours after you get the required points they will send you an email asking which bonus you want (clothing or money).

10-19-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think their GUI is one of the best out there.

The NL games were much softer than the limit games, so I played those instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love playing on Full Tilt. When you could finally gather data on Full Tilt hand histories on PokerTracker, the mysterious air around limit HE on the site became clearer. There are loose players and fishy ones there, but there are plenty of loose-aggressives. Jump in there with PT and GameTime+ or just look at the % of players who saw a flop next to the number of players currently at the table.

KingMedicine
10-20-2005, 07:54 PM
quick update and the sitch with this bonus:

i was offered the 100$ for 300 points bonus.

i deposited 115$ and played 4 tables of 1-2 limit.

i cleared 22$ in pending bonus (that i had from my initial deposit bonus from several months ago).

i won 95$ from playing 1-2.

they credited my 100$ bonus money within 8 hours of my 300th point (they send you an email first asking if you want the gear or the 100$).

so, all in all, it was a +200$ experience.

a great bonus - one of the best poker bonuses ive seen - if you get the offer from them.

joeski19
10-21-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i cleared 22$ in pending bonus (that i had from my initial deposit bonus from several months ago).

they credited my 100$ bonus money within 8 hours of my 300th point (they send you an email first asking if you want the gear or the 100$).

a great bonus - one of the best poker bonuses ive seen - if you get the offer from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you had to clear your initial bonus and then continue playing to get another 300pts or did that play count towards the 300 pts?

KingMedicine
10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you had to clear your initial bonus and then continue playing to get another 300pts or did that play count towards the 300 pts?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bonuses were worked off concurrently - meaning that i play enough to earn a total of 300 points to clear the 100$ bonus and in that process i worked off 22$ of the bonus i had pending from a long time ago.

joeski19
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
sweet!

Thanks for the help.

ckmo
10-22-2005, 04:30 PM
guess I blew my chances to get the email when I got bored and put a few bucks back online not too long ago.

I got a similiar email a few weeks back but it was just for a 'Lucky Tilters Freeroll' entry if i earned 300 points. No free money /images/graemlins/frown.gif