PDA

View Full Version : Some hands just make you feel dirty all over

goofball
10-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Villian is 15/10, could easily be a 2p2er, who knows.

He opens PF on the button, I 3bet A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button, the big blind calls, he calls.

flop is 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, villian bets, I raise, BB folds, villian 3bets, I call.

turn is J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

He bets, I call

river is T/images/graemlins/club.gif

he bets, I fold.

thesharpie
10-18-2005, 09:07 AM
I don't see much else you can do apart from maybe call the flop if he's real good since it looks like he's just looking for protection, I wonder if he ever leads here with something like A9/AJ?. On the river the only thing you beat is a small pair so I fold that also.

Solid_p
10-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Must be crowded on the button..

I play it the same. Since the pot is big, I want to raise the flop whether I'm behind or not, correct?

thesharpie
10-18-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since the pot is big, I want to raise the flop whether I'm behind or not, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Since the board is paired we don't gain enough equity to raise if we are behind. The question is are we ahead often enough to raise.

Solid_p
10-18-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since the pot is big, I want to raise the flop whether I'm behind or not, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Since the board is paired we don't gain enough equity to raise if we are behind. The question is are we ahead often enough to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually didn't consider him having a 7 or TT, as I don't think it would be played this way. Behind to a T or pp was what I intended.

MRBAA
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
When you get 3-bet by a tight solid player preflop, you are prepared to release your hand if you miss the flop. Understand how his three bet changes everything -- you went from having the likely best hand to having a likely second best hand. What can he be holding to three bet you (who he presumably also recognizes as tight and solid) here? Most likely 99-AA or AK or maybe AQs. If you flop a Q, A or some kind of draw you are beating a fair number of his hands. But when you whiff this flop against this player, you can check/ fold and move on to the next hand. Of course, if he starts raising often, you are going to have to play a pot , as Doyle Brunson would say.

goofball
10-18-2005, 11:41 AM
He open raised, I 3bet.

goofball
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
I raise here mostly for postflop balance, I usually raise AT and overpairs there along with almost every other hand of value, so I raise sometimes with air too. It is by no means an autoraise and I don't think it should be. Also, there's a small chance I have the best hand.

When he 3bets I figure he has AT at worst. He hasn't gotten out of line and this is a fairly drawless board. So unless he's now getting frisky with 89 on two streets I'm ready to give him AT, JJ or maybe QQ, TT, a 7 and or some crappier T in that order.

Turn: (great, i'm no longer ahead of 98) I'm ahead of 0 hands in his range, but drawing to 4 outs to most of it and 10 outs to some. Getting around 7-1 here I think it's pretty close between a call and a fold.

River: I don't have the best hand here 1 time in 20 yet well enough to justify an A high call.