PDA

View Full Version : Ethical Question

PJM1206
10-18-2005, 07:23 AM
I was just reading the Pokerstars post on the posters view that the site is rigged. From my perspective I dont beleive it but there were a good many that did 20%. Although 20% is a minority it is a good number of people. a 20% customer dissatisfaction is not good.

What I find more disturbing is I have seen posts where posters discuss on-going hands on-line through an IM s/w. I have been playing poker on line for about 2 yrs and there have been times where I suspected collusion and this type of practice just lends itself to confirming that it is easy to occur. I may be out to lunch on this but I find the practice offensive.

I enjoy playing poker and I am glad to see it has improved its reputaion over the years. That has been a good thing for poker and a reason it has grown. When people start thinking more and more that it is rigged it will get regulated to death or abandoned. I would hate to see this.

So if you agree I ask that if you enjoy chatting about your hands do it after the session.

kapw7
10-18-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So if you agree I ask that if you enjoy chatting about your hands do it after the session.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! You've just saved online poker from dishonesty!

xenthebrain
10-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I am sure the colluders will feel bad now.

Sciolist
10-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Sure, it's possible to cheat online by colluding, infact it's pretty easy.

What's not possible though is to hide the evidence. We (PokerStars) have automatic routines that look for unusual patterns, and we also look at every single case when someone suspects players are colluding.

We can simply replay all of their hands face up, whereupon it's clear if they're colluding or not. I don't know what kind of measures other sites take, but I'd certainly be happy to play on PS, and I know a lot about collusion possibilities now.

dibbs
10-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Most people who know it's not rigged have the discipline not to get involved in such foolish arguments. I wouldn't worry about it anyways, 20% of a pool of gamblers that leave a game with customer satisfaction feels like a high number.