PDA

View Full Version : JTo, blind steal

private joker
10-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="purple"> Hero... </font>

WillMagic
10-18-2005, 06:31 AM
I think he would have KJ more often than QT or any random other hand he could make an awful raise with.

Call.

Will

10-18-2005, 06:42 AM
I only play up to 3/6 but I 3-bet this and make a crying call on a cap hoping to split. He has no reason to think you got anything better than a pair of tens.

private joker
10-18-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he would have KJ more often than QT or any random other hand he could make an awful raise with.

Call.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

What in the HOLY F@CK is with these awesome avatars lately? First, some dude in B&amp;M comes out with a "They Live" avatar, and now Will busts out the Le Samourai.

I'm not worthy, etc.

newhizzle
10-18-2005, 06:51 AM
i like 3-betting here, i dont really want to be capped, but i call if i am, i think hes raising with more than just KJ in this spot

any read on villain?

Nick Royale
10-18-2005, 07:22 AM
I think AQ/QT/KJ are the only reasonable hands raising this river. Let's assume the times he have been slowplaying a set or AT and raises the river compensates for the times won't raise AQ/QT fearing the straight. He now raises 12 combos that beats you (and will cap) and 18 combos that beat you and will call your 3-bet. This makes a raise -EV.

But since villain is unknown it's hard to know whether this assumption was accurate: "the times he have been slowplaying a set or AT and raises the river compensates for the times won't raise AQ/QT." Also AQ might raise the turn making it a bit less likely.

Without a read I call, but I think it's pretty close.

Nick C
10-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I would call, figuring I'm probably chopping anyway and not wanting to pay extra to see KJ, those times that that's what CO has.

If, after I called, Villain showed me a rivered two pair, then I'd start second-guessing myself.

And if Villain happend to show me a set he slowplayed on this board, then I'd quickly lose respect for him.

private joker
10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Does someone smarter than me want to do the math here and figure out if I'm risking 2 bets to win 1 a significant portion of the time? And maybe wonder if he'll call a 3-bet every time? Or if maybe he caps with an inferior hand and I gain by 3-betting? Or if I'm too often chopping or losing to make raising profitable?

This is a troubling hand.

shant
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Why are you lavender and I'm now not? I'm sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

gaming_mouse
10-19-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, evan said some other mod changed some of us back.

private joker
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I am "deep orchid."
2) What about the hand?

shant
10-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Do opponents at 5/10 ever raise this river without a hand you're at least chopping with? I think I just call.