PDA

View Full Version : $8-16 Hand

gavrilo
06-02-2003, 01:57 PM
In a pretty good $8-16 game, I'm the BB, UTG+1 Raiser(don't know him, just sat down, call him RU) and the button(semi-decent) calls and I have 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and decide to call.
Flop: 6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
I bet, RU raises, button calls, I reraise, RU four bets, button calls two cold.

I put RU on aces or Kings and now button on spades.
Turn: 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
Now I'm thinking I need button to fold because I don't have as many outs as I thought originally so I bet out hoping RU will raise and get button to fold and he doesn't raise, button calls.
River: A /forums/images/icons/club.gif
I missed all my outs and failed to get the button off his hand, I check, Ru checks, button Bets, I muck, Ru calls.
How would you have played this?

gavrilo
06-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Button had Ace /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
RU had K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/club.gif

anatta
06-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Big draw again! I generally like to have 65s or a few more players, but sometimes I say what the heck and play this.

I bet out and expect to get raised, three-bet the flop and push him off AK or hit my zillion outter...but...that damn decent button. I think spades is his holding too. Calling the flop raise seems weak but understandable. Three betting is probably better, even if button has bigger spades, you still have 9 outs to two pair, trips or a str8. When you get four bet, at least you know you won't be pushing him off anything. The button's cold call says spades.

I think betting the turn is an excellent play! The pot is big and with the board pairing, the button will likely fold a flush draw rather than call 2 cold back, giving you flush outs. So your strong play on the flop set this up, making it seem you flopped a set/two pair. But alas, big pocket pair isn't a fool, he just calls.

Sadly, the rest of the hand kinda plays itself. On to the results...