PDA

View Full Version : A question about banning

DavidC
10-18-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm just curious as to whether someone who's been banned by a mod is banned from posting in only one forum, or banned from all of them.

--Dave.

Richard Tanner
10-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned in all, so the moral is: Stay on [censored]'s good side.

Cody

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 02:25 AM
This was a question that was brought up frequently in the initial [censored] blitz. People were wondering if posters could be banned simply from posting in OOT and IIRC, the answer was that the forum software could only allow a user to be banned, not to be banned from posting in one particular forum.

James Boston
10-18-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the answer was that the forum software could only allow a user to be banned, not to be banned from posting in one particular forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I believe [censored] has banned people from OOT via a PM telling them to leave OOT or be banned completely if they post here again. I could be wrong though.

[censored]
10-18-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the answer was that the forum software could only allow a user to be banned, not to be banned from posting in one particular forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I believe [censored] has banned people from OOT via a PM telling them to leave OOT or be banned completely if they post here again. I could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

Richard Tanner
10-18-2005, 02:29 AM
BTW, the fact that this question really needs to be asked is a sign of how far we've fallen towards a High School mindset here. Goodbye OOT, funeral for a friend.

Cody

Eurotrash
10-18-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that rule #1 of Ban Club is you do not talk about Ban Club.

DavidC
10-18-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure that rule #1 of Ban Club is you do not talk about Ban Club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what's up with that mundane avatar when you could be using the halloween avatar? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Eurotrash
10-18-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, what's up with that mundane avatar when you could be using the halloween avatar? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

quite honestly, the Halloween avatar Stuey suggested freaks me the hell out. I might change it to that for a bit though /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

diebitter
10-18-2005, 02:39 AM
I think the fact it freaks you and everyone else out, is a good reason to use it.

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 02:41 AM
hey rich

i dont think it is so much as being on [censored]'s good side as it is just making posts that fit into the sticky faq guidelines. although, making a bad post would lead to being on [censored]'s bad side so i guess its all the same.

Richard Tanner
10-18-2005, 02:47 AM
I respectfully disagree, I think OOT has sadly become about what [censored], TSC, El D, and their ilk think is funny and to hell with all else. THe thing is I agree with them on alot of things, I just disagree with enforcing taste as a bannable offense, which I believe I see now, and if not now, soon.

Cody

Richard Tanner
10-18-2005, 02:50 AM
As if we needed proof, This is getting bad. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3703103&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14)

Cody

ononimo
10-18-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I respectfully disagree, I think OOT has sadly become about what [censored], TSC, El D, and their ilk think is funny and to hell with all else. THe thing is I agree with them on alot of things, I just disagree with enforcing taste as a bannable offense, which I believe I see now, and if not now, soon.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

while i largely agree with these sentiments, i'm slowly realizing that the frequent discussion of this topic most likely won't change anything and will only serve to further stroke those egos. from now on, i'm going to try to just just bite my tongue and wait this pogrom out.

Richard Tanner
10-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I honestly hope that [censored] is doing all this with the best interest of OOT in mind, but I'm worried by what I see. Of course the lesson in all of this is "It's only an internet forum", so I don't think the occasional deep breath would hurt any of us.

Cody

James Boston
10-18-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As if we needed proof, This is getting bad. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3703103&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14)

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

That post was a great example of the clutter that needs to be removed from OOT, not conflicting senses of humor.