PDA

View Full Version : How would you play this hand?

Justaloser
06-02-2003, 01:55 PM
Early in a tournament. 10k chips each player. Blinds are 25/50.

You're dealt 4d 2d in the BB. 3-6 limpers.

Flop is 3s 5s 6h. What would you do here? Raise low, allin, check and slowplay?

How would your decision change if it was 3d 5s 6h? (no flush draw)

Just wondering what others think.

Greg (FossilMan)
06-02-2003, 02:25 PM
I'd bet the pot, or sometimes look to make the check-raise. I would never bet all-in, as I would rarely if ever get callers, and that seems a shame with the nuts in holdem. If you ever do bet all-in here, you had better know there's one heck of a super-sheriff sitting there who's so suspicious of such bets that he will call you with any hand.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

ohkanada
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
I would bet the pot. With a bunch of callers and a 3rd flush card I am done.

With no flush draw I would do the same.

I would also hope no one had 74 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ken Poklitar

Justaloser
06-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Thank you for responding.

I just have one other question, and this is for both you and okha. When you say bet the pot, do you mean minimum bet, 3xBB, 5xBB? At what point do you worry about overbetting and losing callers?

I have to admit a hand like this scares me. All too often I have the best hand on the flop (usually two pair, which I know is a very different situation) only to see someone suck out on me. My first reaction is be extra aggressive, which I knew would win a little or lose a fair amount.

ohkanada
06-02-2003, 03:38 PM
"When you say bet the pot, do you mean minimum bet, 3xBB, 5xBB?"

The pot is simply the total number of chips that have been bet so far. So if there were 5 players in for 50 each, the pot would have 250.

Ken Poklitar

Justaloser
06-02-2003, 03:43 PM
>>The pot is simply the total number of chips that have been bet so far. So if there were 5 players in for 50 each, the pot would have 250.<<

Ah, I understand now. Thank you