PDA

View Full Version : soulmates n stuff

gamblore99
10-18-2005, 01:57 AM
I am having a discussion with a friend on msn about soulmates. She is all "I am going to marry my soulmate" and I am all "[censored] you bitch! There are no soulmates". well except the [censored] you bitch. anyways, i am sure no one here believes in soulmats. But this is my question if you love someone, then no longer love them. Do you think that makes the love any less "true". Do you think it make it any less meaningful?

smokingrobot
10-18-2005, 01:59 AM
i had similar thoughts regarding an ex girl.

i've come to the current conclusion i didnt ever really love her in the truest sense of the word.

but i could see myself retracting this statement as easily as i made it..

10-18-2005, 02:09 AM
People who believe in soulmates are the same retards who say "I believe everything happens for a reason."

Freakin
10-18-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People who believe in soulmates are the same retards who say "I believe everything happens for a reason."

[/ QUOTE ]

well put

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 02:12 AM
i think the more experiences one goes through, the less they believe in stupid crap like soulmates. it only took one for me.

gamblore99
10-18-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was
[ QUOTE ]
if you love someone, then no longer love them. Do you think that makes the love any less "true". Do you think it make it any less meaningful?

[/ QUOTE ]

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, those stupid idiots, always trying to find some type of order in an otherwise irrational existence. I bet they're the same jerks who "pray" and "believe in God." What a bunch of losers.

siccjay
10-18-2005, 02:22 AM
Sheep is a better word than losers.

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you love someone, then no longer love them. Do you think that makes the love any less "true". Do you think it make it any less meaningful?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that it either lessens the possibility of soulmates or makes the love any less true. While I don't personally believe in soulmates in the traditional sense, that of someone who is perfectly suited for you in every conceivable way, I certainly think that anyone can find someone in this world with whom they can have a longlasting, loving, happy relationship, but that it isn't nearly as easy as many people believe it should be.

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sheep is a better word than losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! They're sheep! All of them! They're just trying to conform! We should all be different, so let's all be different, together!

Klepton
10-18-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tv2/programmes/lost/oquinn_d.jpg

10-18-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/tv2/programmes/lost/oquinn_d.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch Lost. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

PoBoy321
10-18-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't watch Lost. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did, you'd know that everything happens for a reason. It's your destiny.

tonypaladino
10-18-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am having a discussion with a friend on msn about soulmates. She is all "I am going to marry my soulmate" and I am all "[censored] you bitch! There are no soulmates". well except the [censored] you bitch. anyways, i am sure no one here believes in soulmats. But this is my question if you love someone, then no longer love them. Do you think that makes the love any less "true". Do you think it make it any less meaningful?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't beleive you can stop loving someone. Either you never really loved them, or the person you loved was not who they really were.

I broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years this past february. I had wanted to break up with her for almost a year before I did it, and what was stopping me was that I loved her so much and she loved me so much.

It was a terrible, mutually abusive, dysfunctional relationship, and eventually I knew that no matter how much we loved each other, our personalities did not work together in a relationship.

I still love her, and if there is such a thing as a soulmate, then she was mine. Sometimes true love is not enough though.

diebitter
10-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Hard to believe when you're feeling it, but love does fade between ex-partners, and one still loves the other (I think between decent parents and children, it never does, whatever happens). It can take a lot of time, years, maybe decades, but it does.

And I think it often takes longer when the other party is absent, actually, cos they're not there to do things/say things that make them less lovable (and I don't mean that in a trivial way).

mason55
10-18-2005, 03:33 AM
Soulmate? I'll settle for a girl that can cook and will swallow. I don't need "conversation" or "an intellectual equal." That's what my friends (and OOT) are for!

10-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Mason you look cute. What are you doing later?

mason55
10-18-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mason you look cute. What are you doing later?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hanging out with the Funky Bunch.

10-18-2005, 03:43 AM
I'm taking a break from recording my upcoming album, maybe we could like hang out, and then go to a Good Charlotte concert? I've got these free tickets, so ...

CardSharpCook
10-18-2005, 03:45 AM
Yeah, gotta say, I've never stopped loving any woman I've ever loved. I'm also one of those sheep that believe in God and and soulmates though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Vish
10-18-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Soulmate? I'll settle for a girl that can cook and will swallow. I don't need "conversation" or "an intellectual equal ." That's what my friends (and OOT ) are for!

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me laugh out loud.

CardSharpCook
10-18-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Soulmate? I'll settle for a girl that can cook and will swallow. I don't need "conversation" or "an intellectual equal ." That's what my friends (and OOT ) are for!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On so many levels.

dcasper70
10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you wrote that for a reason

DcifrThs
10-18-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My question was
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but dude, you started out your post with :

[ QUOTE ]
I am having a discussion with a friend on msn about soulmates. She is all "I am going to marry my soulmate" and I am all "[censored] you bitch! There are no soulmates". well except the [censored] you bitch. anyways, i am sure no one here believes in soulmats.

[/ QUOTE ]

youe ending question and the preface are totally different. given your preface, you SHOULD have asked "what do you guys think of girls that believe in soulmates" or "do you know anyone that believes in soulmates" etc... not "something about love"

Barron

10-18-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On so many levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC,

2 nh in a row.

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when in Rome...

Chobohoya
10-18-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

utmt40
10-18-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you scared Jake away...

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh, do as the Romans do? It's an old expression.

Chobohoya
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! I've never heard of it.

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

utmt40
10-18-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Chobohoya
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's wonderful, though.

gamblore99
10-18-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
youe ending question and the preface are totally different. given your preface, you SHOULD have asked "what do you guys think of girls that believe in soulmates" or "do you know anyone that believes in soulmates" etc... not "something about love"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right. I should have changed the intro. But I still wanna know what you guys thinks about the question

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something along the lines of tonys answer.

gamblore99
10-18-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't beleive you can stop loving someone. Either you never really loved them, or the person you loved was not who they really were.

[/ QUOTE ]

But people change. Who I am now is not who I was 10 years ago, and in 10 years I will be someone else. We are always growing and changing.

Also, I am not a fan of soulmates, but your relationship doesn't exactly fit the description of what most people would call soulmates. Sorry to hear about your rough relationship tony.

siccjay
10-18-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't get it.

or did he? I don't rememeber what she said.

Stuck
10-18-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

18902 and counting...

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.

[/ QUOTE ]

18902 and counting...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the next line, jackass.

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well when in Rome...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes? Please go on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't get it.

or did he? I don't rememeber what she said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We both got it. That was the whole "when in rome" conversation.

Manque
10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
How do you think I should be different and not a sheep?

Sephus
10-18-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you think I should be different and not a sheep?

[/ QUOTE ]

well for starters, don't disagree with me. people with a different worldview than me are all sheep, because why else would they believe things that are wrong?

of course, you can be a sheep and agree with me, but at least you have a chance of not being one this way.

wegs the wegs
10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
I'm not taking sides here... but I'm just wondering if those that answered so strongly against it are married.

*Im not married