PDA

View Full Version : $27 (turbo): Good time to bully?

Costanza
10-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Button made a comeback after I doubled him from ~1000 to 2000 by pushing A2 into his T3 when he was desperate in the BB. He was then able to steal blinds my BB and SB to get back to here.

Still a good spot to flex the big stack?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t6245)
UTG (t2170)
Button (t4240)
SB (t845)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

cha59
10-17-2005, 10:56 PM
pushes

bluefeet
10-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Eh...I'm not generally getting too frisky here - unless he has a history of limp-folding PF. I'd just check this one, maybe throwing a grand at him on a rag-rainbow flop. I have no problem check-folding otherwise, saving the chips to put the squeeze on the BB next hand, given the opportunity.

bluefeet
10-17-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pushes

[/ QUOTE ]

True...he's calling a push with VERY few hands, given shorties position. But you already have the chip lead (well, closer to even if/when you give this pot up), you're better than 2.5:1 still vs. the BB next hand. If you pass here, you'll likely find yourself IMO next hand w/ a very nice stack - or, if shortie passes you're pushing any two into BB for the t600 chips you're losing here. I don't know that I risk my stack here against a loose opponent (not that he is), that'll read your push for what it is - "he can't call". I'm looking to retain the chips to continue the pressure on the bubble &amp; have the weight to stay aggressive ITM.

Just MHO - I'd accept this as a leak if that's the case.

cha59
10-17-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Eh...I'm not generally getting too frisky here - unless he has a history of limp-folding PF. I'd just check this one, maybe throwing a grand at him on a rag-rainbow flop. I have no problem check-folding otherwise, saving the chips to put the squeeze on the BB next hand, given the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know these games a lot better than I do. I'm surprised at your reply.

Unless I've seen the guy playing tricky before, I wouldnt put him on a hand that he'd limp and call off his whole stack on the button - especially considering the size of his stack in relation to the other stacks at the table.

Have you seen lots of monsters limped on the bubble in the 27's Blue?

cha59
10-17-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pushes

[/ QUOTE ]

True...he's calling a push with VERY few hands, given shorties position. But you already have the chip lead (well, closer to even if/when you give this pot up), you're better than 2.5:1 still vs. the BB next hand. If you pass here, you'll likely find yourself IMO next hand w/ a very nice stack - or, if shortie passes you're pushing any two into BB for the t600 chips you're losing here. I don't know that I risk my stack here against a loose opponent (not that he is), that'll read your push for what it is - "he can't call". I'm looking to retain the chips to continue the pressure on the bubble &amp; have the weight to stay aggressive ITM.

Just MHO - I'd accept this as a leak if that's the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if you or I are leaking, but I look at the 1500 chips in the pot, the A in my hand, my stack, his stack, the other stacks, and lick my chops here.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought of this as a good opportunity to apply some pressure. Even if he calls and you lose, you have over 2000 chips left.

bluefeet
10-17-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen lots of monsters limped on the bubble in the 27's Blue?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.....no /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't know. You're probably right. His limp may be nothing more than "Hey BB, I can help bust SB here when he pushes...please don't push me off when he does". He's certainly folding the VAST majority of the time here when you push. A raise from Button, looking to isolate would be a reasonable show of strength. Alright...I guess I can't find a very good reason to not...push the damn thing! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

How much does this suck: Drop 3x or so back on Button with SB ducking out of the way. You'll likely get the "fvcker, I was trying to be nice!" fold...of course when he calls it REALLY sucks being OOP and all.

I think I've...

http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/stock_illustration/images/cartoon_donkey_001.gif

...enough. I'll look for other opinions

EDIT: Let us not overlook the "free" push we have into BB next hand (if that matters)

lastchance
10-17-2005, 11:40 PM
POOOSH!!!

10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
I like push here and im doing it about 85% of the time.

10-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
hello costanza

this is a great situation to push.

bluefeet
10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Like I said - eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy push /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(The question is not "is lori a man?", it's "am I a girl?")

cha59
10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
you've won way more than me at these things, you must be doing something right

Costanza
10-18-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a great situation to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too, especially since I've had the ol' luckbox turned up to 11 lately:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t6245)
UTG (t2170)
Button (t4240)
SB (t845)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t6195</font>, Button calls t3590 (All-In).

Flop: (t10535) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t10535) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t10535) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t10535

Hero has As 3d (two pair, sixes and threes).
Button has Ah Jd (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins t10535. </font>

I was really surprised when he called and even more so that he called with AJo. Should I have been?

SCfuji
10-18-2005, 01:32 AM
surprised that he called? no. because id expect a call more often than id expect a fold (funny how i say push but its a good push still). his problem was limping even though it looked like this whole time he was looking for a raise so he could call and get all his chips in vs either the sb (probably his primary target) or you since he probably "knew" you were stealing. what he should have done with AJ is push and force you to wake up with a hand worthy of calling.

bawcerelli
10-18-2005, 05:40 AM
my gut instict says I would have checked that BB without a second thought. but everyone saying push has me second guessing my weak tight strategy. BTW, I'm surprised he had AJ, wtf is up with him not pushing that preflop? musta thought he was trapping with a "monster".

Hendricks433
10-18-2005, 06:38 AM
Im never suprised that they call with some hands anymore. Especially AJ, Ive had people limp and call my push with K,8 like they were trapping me or something. Like wtf goes through there heads. I love when I hit agaisnt them or had been pushing a big hand and crush em for making a bad call.

bennies
10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
You have less FE when playing at Stars.

schwza
10-18-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have less FE when playing at Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

as someone currently playing stt's on stars for the first time..... what?

i like this push a lot. if villain's T3 call was really donk-ish, maybe i'd reconsider, but probably not. villain folds here a very high % of the time.

i hate villain's limp unless he has at least KK+