PDA

View Full Version : Props to pokerstars

TheLoser
06-02-2003, 10:07 AM
gotta say pokerstars has amazing tech support, any time I email them I have a reply in my mail box within ten minutesl. I would also like to say that pokerroom is pathetic and I would not advise anyone to play there, they froze up my funds in a "misunderstanding" and it took one week to clear it up, they then unfroze my funds with no apology and no real explanation.

Ralle
06-02-2003, 11:15 AM
I also really like PokerStars. Their tourneys, their support and the graphical interface is great.

pokerstars
06-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Although I have to admit that the title of this thread threw me - I thought "gee, we don't have props, do we?"

At any rate - sending your comments along to the team.

...dan

Dan Goldman
Vice President of Marketing
PokerStars

microlimitaddict
06-02-2003, 03:28 PM
a couple of things - first, i think it's incredibly classy for a representative of the site to chime in and give a hearty thank you for the compliments.

second - i always thought pokerstars was pretty good...but since it was the first and only poker-site i had ever played on i never really knew HOW good.

the tourneys and support are really terrific. needed support a couple of times this past week....once for lost password (which was quick and painless) and another time because 4 of us decided to split the top 3 in an SNG...one of the reps showed up at our table within a minute and squared-up the money.

now the continuation of the tale - as i mentioned in a previous thread, I played at Pacific this weekend (not paradise as i inadvertently called it) and I learned how truly great Stars is.
Pacific - No tourneys, slow play, not that many players.

And I also realize how much Stars has taught me how to play decent poker....which is actually a little bit to the detriment of my Pacific-game.
Had an HE hand there where my 3 K's were the nuts unless someone was crazy enough to hold a 36 or 68 (for a straight) through all of my raises. Amazingly, someone had a 36o (how on earth did they keep that through the opening round of betting??). Truly amazing.

So damn those Stars players for teaching me (incorrectly) that players usually fold their 36. Evidently not so in other parts of the internet universe.
And I guess this is a semi-sarcastic compliment to the general quality of player one finds on Stars as evidenced by the recent WSOP performance.

Keep up the good work gang.

David
06-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Great support! Great (better than great) software! Great tournaments!.............toughest freakin' players of anyplace known to man!

My neteller acct. info.....

Transfers from..
UB,Paradise,Party,Truepoker,ThePokerClub,Empire,Po kerroom

Transfers to...
Pokerstars,Pokerstars,Pokerstars,Pokerstars,Pokers tars,etc.

Time for me to give up on Stars? I almost cannot stand playing a tournament anywhere else. I am going to have to give up on Stars......hmmm $30 Limit tonight....just 1 more time, lol !!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Fishy
06-02-2003, 05:11 PM