stabn
10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How would one go about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]?

Duffman
10-17-2005, 09:31 PM
I actually read an article about this recently.

The only thing I can tell you is that it mentioned a company called Brickwork. I'm sure you can google it.

J_B
10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

10-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Catch an Air India flight to Karachi. Inflight, ask the attendant for the Outsourcing Kit. They don't leave them in the seat pockets, she'll have to get it for you. btw, she gets a bonus for helping you do all the paperwork.

When you land, don't worry about customs, luggage, etc. Go directly to the Outsourcing kiosk in the main terminal. It's easy to find. When you get there and tell them what you want, they'll start jumping up and down, ringing bells, holler a lot (you won't understand a word) and probably start hugging and kissing you.

Then stay there. And contemplate all the USA jobs you tried eliminate so you could make a few extra bucks.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

diebitter
10-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Phone IBM. It's what they do now.

Sifmole
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF kind of question is that?

Hey [censored], if you want to reap stupid posts this is top of the heap.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-18-2005, 01:24 AM
I don't think it's as simplistic as all that.

gabbahh
10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Catch an Air India flight to Karachi. Inflight, ask the attendant for the Outsourcing Kit. They don't leave them in the seat pockets, she'll have to get it for you. btw, she gets a bonus for helping you do all the paperwork.

When you land, don't worry about customs, luggage, etc. Go directly to the Outsourcing kiosk in the main terminal. It's easy to find. When you get there and tell them what you want, they'll start jumping up and down, ringing bells, holler a lot (you won't understand a word) and probably start hugging and kissing you.

Then stay there. And contemplate all the USA jobs you tried eliminate so you could make a few extra bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really have been there, have you?

SL__72
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Don't /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

schwza
10-18-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever... i'm all for some poor indian people getting higher-paying jobs. i'm not into this thing of prefering an indian guy suffering rather than an american.

yes, i know the indians will get paid less, but some of that money is coming back to the us in the form of lower prices. and into op's pocket, presumably.

Freakin
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
There are websites that you can post jobs at, places like codegurus.com, but more generic.

SL__72
10-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Actually thats not really the reason I said don't.

My experience is no where near adequate to give advice I'm sure but... aren't some of the companies who moved their call centers to India starting to move them back? I know it bothered a lot of customers for various reasons.

As far as stuff like software development goes, by all means look overseas. Be careful though, they don't necessarily worry about our laws.

Indiana
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Biggest and best known company is TCS America Consultancy, or as we call it 'TA TA'. The problem with India is that the price of labor is going up up up because of the money that has made its way over there. The new outsourcing location for the next 10 yrs is going to be Vietnam.

Indy

TheMainEvent
10-18-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it difficult to believe that anyone who realistically needed to do this for a business would think OOT would be the best place to research.

MonkeeMan
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biggest and best known company is TCS America Consultancy, or as we call it 'TA TA'. The problem with India is that the price of labor is going up up up because of the money that has made its way over there. The new outsourcing location for the next 10 yrs is going to be Vietnam.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I knew we should have dropped more bombs on their outsourcing asses. This is what happens when you kick someones ass and let them back up...they take your jobs.

10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Notorious G.O.B. wrote

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's as simplistic as all that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabbahh wrote

[ QUOTE ]

You really have been there, have you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, guys, is my sense of sarcasm that bad?

Outsourcing has good and bad points. I happen to believe the bad outweigh the good. If you want to discuss further, open a thread in Politics and I'll join in.

Indiana
10-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Outsourcing is both good and bad. But as Billy C put it, "we don't want those kinds of jobs." Apparently, as Americans we are supposed to be innovative and if something is routine then it should be outsourced.

Indy

JimGil
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Don't do it. I currently work at a firm where the IT work has been outsourced to India. The service is extremely unreliable and the wait times are extremely long...not to mention the language barrier (although its not as bad as it could be.)

The company we're working with is called OfficeTiger...maybe there's better ones, but these guys...no good.

10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't do it. I currently work at a firm where the IT work has been outsourced to India. The service is extremely unreliable and the wait times are extremely long...not to mention the language barrier (although its not as bad as it could be.)

The company we're working with is called OfficeTiger...maybe there's better ones, but these guys...no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the finest computer minds are in India. One of the world's finest universities for an education in computer sciences is in India.

This does not translate to IT, or even computer-related customer service phone jobs, being outsourced to India, as being a good idea. In the past 7-8 months I've made 4 customer service calls that I'd bet a large bankroll were routed to India. Absolutely horrible experiences!!! Forget the language problems, the help was zero. Problems were not resolved. Much anger and dissatisfaction were generated - at both ends.

My experience in upper-middle management with two large corporations leaves me with no doubt the decision to outsource is first and foremost for profit. Executives with large corps all make bonuses and have stock deals tied in to profits. They make decisions every day with no thought to the future of the company. Only their personal gain.

cardcounter0
10-18-2005, 06:20 PM
IT Outsourcing will cost you 10x what ever amount you think you are saving in the long run.

Quick Example: Party Poker Software and their Customer Non-service = Outsourced.

highlife
10-18-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we used them at the last company I worked for. The code and documentation they wrote for us looked like it came from a bunch of 10 year olds.

Amid Cent
10-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Call Dikshit and ask him.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic, it seems like some people are blindly against outsourcing like it's an incredibly evil thing to do.

10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being sarcastic, it seems like some people are blindly against outsourcing like it's an incredibly evil thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try this just once more. I don't want to highjack cockandbull's thread.

I did not accuse you of sarcasm, nor did I hint that you might be. I was sarcastic in my first post. Admittedly. And purposefully.

What I was pointing to in my second post was that my sarcasm did not seem to be understood as sarcasm by you and another poster. (for the life of me I can't see how anyone who was paying attention could possibly have missed the intent of the first post)

Because of the flow of the thread, I decided to get serious. I thought I explained my position reasonably well. I tried to be concise and forthcoming.

If you are including me as one of "...some people are blindly against outsourcing..." then not only will you never understand my sense of sarcasm, you will never understand a single serious statement I make. In which case I suggest, respectfully, you put me on your Ignore List. I am never blindly for and against anything. I am a First Class Skeptic and Cynic. When I take a position on any issue, it's done with a lot of consideration and thought, and frequently draws on my personal experiences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cockandbull, I apologize for taking up so much space.

HoldingFolding
10-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I used rentacoder.com for a small software project and it worked out well. Probably not much good for anything bigger....

Notorious G.O.B.
10-19-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'll try this just once more. I don't want to highjack cockandbull's thread.

I did not accuse you of sarcasm, nor did I hint that you might be. I was sarcastic in my first post. Admittedly. And purposefully.

[/ QUOTE ] I think accused is the wrong word, I wasn't pissed or anything. I guess I missed the sarcasm in the original post. I don't think it was as clear as you may feel it was.
[ QUOTE ]

What I was pointing to in my second post was that my sarcasm did not seem to be understood as sarcasm by you and another poster. (for the life of me I can't see how anyone who was paying attention could possibly have missed the intent of the first post)

[/ QUOTE ] I misread, because it didn't occur to me that the original post was sarcastic. I actually didn't notice you were the poster of the original statement. It was clear your second post was not anti-outsourcing.
[ QUOTE ]

If you are including me as one of "...some people are blindly against outsourcing..." then not only will you never understand my sense of sarcasm, you will never understand a single serious statement I make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, not saying you're blindly for it, your second post made that clear. As I said, I feel you miscalulated how sarcastic your original post seemed.
[ QUOTE ]

I am never blindly for and against anything. I am a First Class Skeptic and Cynic. When I take a position on any issue, it's done with a lot of consideration and thought, and frequently draws on my personal experiences.

[/ QUOTE ] Come on, man, this reads as a little self indulgent. You're not Socrates. I still like you, though, don't worry.

10-19-2005, 08:43 AM
"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

No foul(s). No problem(s). Peace be with you. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

/images/graemlins/smile.gif