PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs overcards and 3 callers - Im a little lost

emitch
10-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Just sat down, less than one orbit, but the normal party table w/4 or 5 to every flop. No one has done anything noteworthy to this point.

I have been trying to work on playing my 99 and TT more aggressively. What do you think.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Everyone calls and I don't think MHIG here.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Was this weak, should I bet? I know alot of players will call (and have odds to do so) with any pair on the flop in this situation. Now that it is more expensive for them should i bet and see what happens? Hope for a late bet and cr? Against 1 or 2 players, I feel a lot better about putting in another bet. What is the standard line here?

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn was checked around. With these passive players, either it was a weak king and I am hosed or MHIG, so I assume this is standard.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Thanks,

mitch

DCWildcat
10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
ack...change converter format to 2+2 (not FTR), and edit your post, please

jaxUp
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ack...change converter format to 2+2 (not FTR), and edit your post, please

[/ QUOTE ]

What a n00b. Anyways, I probably play it the same. Some people will advocate a bet/fold on the turn, and c/f river, but you will get bluffed on the river way too often if you do that. I only want to put 1 mkore BB in this pot (and none would be okay too).

emitch
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
n00b this. Just kidding. Sorry my internet went down just as soon as I posted and I missed it in my original. It has been edited, hopefully to your liking.

mitch

jaxUp
10-17-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
n00b this. Just kidding. Sorry my internet went down just as soon as I posted and I missed it in my original. It has been edited, hopefully to your liking.

mitch

[/ QUOTE ]

It's aesthetically titillating. Thank you.

DCWildcat
10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

mitch

[/ QUOTE ]

So's your avatar.

I like your line.

It's aesthetically titillating. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

tyler_cracker
10-17-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people will advocate a bet/fold on the turn, and c/f river, but you will get bluffed on the river way too often if you do that. I only want to put 1 mkore BB in this pot (and none would be okay too).

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the point of betting the turn to try and get a free showdown (thus insuring that you only put 1 BB in)?

What's your plan on the turn if someone else bets? Are you going to call and donk the river? Just fold?

Lastly, the preflop raise is close. I'm a LAG with 99, but against 3 opponents and OOP for the rest of the hand, i'm not sure i want to raise. The fact that UTG is a poster pushes this juuust enough to make me want to raise and hope to get it 3-handed if BB and UTG fold.

emitch
10-17-2005, 11:53 PM
With two overcards and this many players, i was ready to fold to a bet in this situation.

I don't think that I am getting a free showdown enough here because of my position to bet the turn, and check the rvr.

Anyone who has connected will probably bet at that point.

Only when it got checked through, did I decide that I was likely ahead.

mitch