PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball: D.Y.N.A.S.T.Y. dominate in LABR- so far

Dynasty
06-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Nine weeks into the baseball season, my team in the nationally known League of Alternative Baseball Reality (LABR) is in first place with a monsterous 24 point lead. A 10 point lead is something I would consider very large. To be up 24 points is unbelievable.

May was a great month for my team although I have suffered several injuries including to key players such as Pedro Martinez and Jerry Hairston. Even when they've been out, my team has been steamrolling along anyway.

I'm in first place in six of the eight categories- home runs, runs batted in, stolen bases (shocking me), saves, e.r.a., and ratio. I'm third in batting average. Only the wins category is a weakness for me at present. In several of the categories, I'm opening up a lead over most of the field.

I couldn't have dreamed of being in a better position two months into the season.

Here's a link to the league standings:

http://usafantasy2.tqstats.com/baseball/scripts/wwwstand.pl?labral&whence=cSLdTeWZWMJxVwbflxRPYvXT q1z

Zeno
06-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Congratulations on doing so well. I see that you have your lead on 4 people that are lumped very close together behind you. Will you do any trades or even feel the need to do so? I'm unfamiliar with fantasy baseball so if this is a silly question please ignore it.

The “so far” disclaimer is very reasonable as the season is so long. I am bragging up “my” Mariners in another post but this is probably bouncing out too far on a limb this early in the season. Certainly hope you continue to do well.

-Zeno