PDA

View Full Version : Baronness - Second : a metal ep review

JaBlue
10-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I continually get CDs from a friend of mine who exposes me to a lot of stuff I never heard of. This is no exception.

The guitar is awesome if you like metal. The vocals are kind of surprising in that they are the death metal growl. I like the drums too. A great thing about this album is that you can't really tell when songs are changing. It just sounds like one long jam session. Some people may not like that, but if you're in the mood to listen to metal I'd be surprised if you didn't.

I'll give it 3 stars out of 4.

daveymck
10-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Doesnt seem to be any listenable content from second ep but form sample of first is interesting if not totally original european influenced doom/gothenburg crossover with a bit goth metal thrown in. Whats interesting is they are attacking it from a hardcore angle. May be touring europe later in the year will check them out if they come anywhere near me.

Another young band doing similar with lots of time changes etc is Mendeed (http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/11194/index.php) a bit more metal but their album and ep have a lot of variety that this song probably doesnt showcase but seems to be the only one on the net I can find.

10-17-2005, 07:28 PM
This band rules, anyone who thinks otherwise probably listens to dave matthews.