PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 hand with some draws.

captZEEbo1
10-17-2005, 06:13 PM
3 handed all with 1k
cards: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif on button

blinds: 5/10
I make it $25 to go, sb folds, BB calls

Flop A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (<font color="blue">pot 55</font>)
I bet $55, SB min raises, I call

turn A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/club.gif (<font color="blue">pot 275</font>)
SB bets 125, I fold

I don't know what to do here.

Prevaricator
10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
What do you put SB on?

If you know he doesn't have a flush, then you have to call the turn right? You are getting the right price vs ace/two pair/set.

xorbie
10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you put SB on?

If you know he doesn't have a flush, then you have to call the turn right? You are getting the right price vs ace/two pair/set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think changes you see two pair or set here are really, really, really low. I'd expect something with the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and a pair more like, or possibly the flopped nuts.

Prevaricator
10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you put SB on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think changes you see two pair or set here are really, really, really low. I'd expect something with the K/images/graemlins/heart.gif and a pair more like, or possibly the flopped nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

really, I think an ace is the most common hand. check minraise with the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and then weak bet the turn, very odd play.

Yeah could be flopped flush, in which case fold is obviously good. AxKh or KhJx are the only two other hands besides a flush that have you in a jam.

captZEEbo1
10-17-2005, 07:38 PM
do you think I'm going to get paid off enough to make drawing profitable? My straight outs are relatively hidden though. Anyone like bluff raise?

BobboFitos
10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Others have said this, but this is a bad turn fold. But not too bad, just a little bad.

Prevaricator
10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Probably not on the Q high flush if you make it, but you could get payed on the straight, and you are getting immediate odds if you indeed have 15 outs. I wouldn't try to bluff raise in that spot

outdrwn
10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
I can't think of anything good here besides a call, unless you haven't been caught out of line at ALL, in which you may wish to min raise or even pot raise(although that just may commit you if he does decide to push) Folding sure is the easy way out, but if he's tight and you read him for an ace, I prefer raising rather than giving him this pot. Raising is easier than calling a raise, that's for sure, unless he's got the nuts. But he doesn't.

durrrr
10-18-2005, 01:24 AM
i peel, fold is ok, raise is ok. I like to peel here tho (obv. if he bets pot, or even 200ish i fold turn). I'd say you have ~11-12 outs, and you have position on your opponent (so should be able to play the river fairly well). Sounds right for a peel

outdrwn
10-18-2005, 02:07 AM
peel? monkey want banana? hungry for mcdonalds monopoly pieces?

solid
10-18-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop.

Kirkrrr
10-18-2005, 04:35 AM
"peel? monkey want banana? hungry for mcdonalds monopoly pieces?"

Wow... that was honestly one of the most idiotic comments I have seen in quite a while.

No reads on your opp at all? Generally speaking a flop min c/r and a weak lead on the turn is exactly what it seems - a weak hand whose flop attempt failed and now he's caught between not wanting to give up the pot on one side, nor put more money in on the other, thus the compromise.

One move that seems to work pretty well is min- 3-betting flop. Obviously fold to a push, but the subsequent check allows you to get a free card for a lot cheaper then it will be now, as well as help you get a much better picture (again, for a small price) of where you are.

As played, having no idea where I am I probably fold the turn as we'll, though it's not necessarily the best move here.

Kirk

durrrr
10-18-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont u ask me for a 5$ loan while your at it... Go away, learn what peel means, realize why hero should do it here, and come back.

JMa
10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why dont u ask me for a 5$ loan while your at it... Go away, learn what peel means, realize why hero should do it here, and come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just explain what peel means?

arod15
10-18-2005, 10:34 AM
looks like a good fold....

outdrwn
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah....... stop flaming its a joke....

AZK
10-18-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah....... stop flaming its a joke....