PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Safety hospitalized after assault

wayabvpar
10-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Ken Hamlin hospitalized (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/244897_hamlin17ww.html).

I just heard a radio report that included a Harborview Hospital spokesperson- he has a fractured skull, a blood clot on his brain, and brain bruising. He is alert when he is awake. 24-48 hours of observation needed. Serious but stable condition. Story is still 'breaking'; details to come.

I am nauseous. Hamlin is one of my favorite players, and really seems to be a fun guy. Screw football- I just hope the guy comes through this with no permanent injuries. Very sad.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
damn that sucks, I wonder where this happened.

Jack of Arcades
10-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Hammer's a fun player to watch, and I'll leave it at that.

DrCool
10-17-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hamlin was found at the intersection of 1st Avenue South and South Main Street.

Apparently he got into an altercation with a guy and got hit in the head with a freakin street sign.

Hamlin is one of my favorite Seahawks. I will be wearing his jersey for every game from here on out.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hamlin was found at the intersection of 1st Avenue South and South Main Street.

[/ QUOTE ]Pioneer Square?

I need more detaila here.

IHateKeithSmart
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
Jesus, that's horrible. That's also a block away from my office, right near elliott bay books.

bernie
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Just saw the videotape. Apparently he was the aggressor. He also sucker punched the guy.

The more I see/hear, the less respect I have for Hamlin.

b

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 10:37 PM
where is the video?

MCS
10-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Where'd you see the video?

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where is the video?

[/ QUOTE ]nevermind, www.seattletimes.com (http://www.seattletimes.com) has it on the front page. Wow, this looks bad for Ken. No one deserves to be beat up to that degree, but he definitely blew up the situation. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bernie
10-18-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one deserves to be beat up to that degree, but he definitely blew up the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, if someone instigates it, they get what they deserve, imo. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people like that.

b

Jack of Arcades
10-18-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one deserves to be beat up to that degree, but he definitely blew up the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, if someone instigates it, they get what they deserve, imo. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people like that.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not forget that he's been arrested for DUI more than once.

DrCool
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I am a homer but even though from that minute of video it looks like Hamlin was the agressor and went after the guy we don't know what else happened or what was said. Should Hamlin have walked away? For sure but I need more information before I make a judgement.

Just to add another twist to the story, one of Hamlin's attackers was found shot dead in a park in Seattle later that night. Crazy stuff.

ThaSaltCracka
10-18-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I am a homer but even though from that minute of video it looks like Hamlin was the agressor and went after the guy we don't know what else happened or what was said. Should Hamlin have walked away? For sure but I need more information before I make a judgement.

Just to add another twist to the story, one of Hamlin's attackers was found shot dead in a park in Seattle later that night. Crazy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]good GOD, whats next?

bernie
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They (local news) also talked to some eyewitnesses at the scene who said it was Hamlins doing. One guy(with a seahawk jersy on) seemed suprised that Hamlin would do something like that. Could be a spin, but there's no real reason for the media to spin this against Hamlin, imo. They love him here.

b

bernie
10-18-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]good GOD, whats next?

[/ QUOTE ]

The huskies beating USC...

hahahahaha

b

B Dids
10-18-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware of this, are you sure you're not thinking of Koren Robinson (who is now hanging out with the Vikings on boats).

bernie
10-18-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware of this, are you sure you're not thinking of Koren Robinson (who is now hanging out with the Vikings on boats).

[/ QUOTE ]

Who also showed up at his DUI hearing drunk.

b

DrCool
10-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Hamlin did have some alcohol problems in college but since he as been in Seattle he has been a "good boy".

Most of the information released so far has come from the bar owner where the incident happened. He has been trying to shift the blame on to Hamlin. Like I said, I don't know the whole story so I will reserve placing blame until more details surface.

This bar has had similar problems in the past. A few months ago there were a couple soldiers back from Iraq who got curb stomped outside that bar. Seems like a less than savory clientle and I am not sure why Hamlin would be hanging out at that club.