PDA

View Full Version : Question

gibs
06-02-2003, 02:53 AM
I know that this depends on position, stakes, and number of people still in, but I was wondering how you would generally play this:

you flop a good hand, say trips or two pair, but the three cards on the flop are all of the same suit. If you're in early position do you check and see what everyone else does, or do you bet out and see if you get raised? Or if you're in late postion what would you do if it were checked to you or if it was bet to you?

rayrns
06-02-2003, 02:33 PM
I would bet out (exspecially with a set) to find out if the flush is there. Then call if there is a raise. If the turn card is not one of flush suit, you may want to bet out again on the turn. Then if you get raised, check/call it down. You will have a fair amount of outs to try and fill the boat. Late position as well. If checked to you bet out.

bernie
06-02-2003, 07:09 PM
trips or a set, im assuming you meant set since it was a monotone flop. and yes, there is a difference between the 2 terms. im jamming the flop with 2 or 3+ opponents. i have a nice draw going. even if someone has the flush. in fact, with enough players in, ill jam the turn.

2 pair, im a little more careful with and have to consider how the other players play certain hands. youre redraw isnt nearly as strong

b