here raises t115
bb reraises t215
hero puts bb on jj,but says the hell with it,if he has,he has it
hero is all in
bb calls and wins with jj
can anyone get off this hand,

10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Ugly posting of a hand.

And if you wouldnt have put, "hero puts BB on JJ, but if he has it, he has it" I would say yes this is a tough laydown. But since you state that you put him on this exact hand, well then, you can safely lay it down. I mean if you know someone has something, easy answer.

Pasterbator
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
No, you can't. If you lose set over set, you just weren't meant to win.

10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, you can't. If you lose set over set, you just weren't meant to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will probably come back to haunt me... but... here goes.

I am correct in asuming that you think that if you KNOW someone is holding JJ in that situation, that this is the hand you put him on.... instead of laying it down and finding a better spot you call? Hmmmm... interesting.

mjm
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
If I lose set v set on the flop than I just accept it. However, if you put him on JJ than you can get away from it.

10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
NO I DO NOT GET AWAY FROM THAT HAND

10-17-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry guys but this is really weird.

I mean this is two people that are basically saying, that if they KNOW the villain has JJ, a bigger set... they are willing to move in and risk the rest of their stack OR most of it trying to hit the last four in the deck.

Really weird.

Guys remember, the OP said they put the villain on JJ. Not that they guessed what they had. They put them on that specific hand, which means they "knew" that they had it.

Why not fold when you know you are beat?

splashpot
10-17-2005, 05:17 PM
(put him on xx hand) != (KNOW he has xx hand)

10-17-2005, 05:18 PM
usually i loose all my chips with set over set.
But with this hand the guy basicly told me he has jj
lets look at the hand.
villan raised pre-flop
flops is draw heavy
villan only bets t15
i raise, villan makes miniraise.
If he had aa,or kk he would go all in,because of the flush draw,and straight draw.
villan hand is strong,he really want a call
It was obvious to me he had jj,I should of folded

J-Lo
10-17-2005, 05:37 PM
i fold preflop... i do not want to call 60 more this early vs 1 oponent.

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 05:40 PM
if you are behind, you still have out.

10-17-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry guys but this is really weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

FIRST OF ALL, I WONDER IF YOU NOTICED I WAS MAKING A BIT OF FUN AT THE TITLE OF THIS POST

[ QUOTE ]
I mean this is two people that are basically saying, that if they KNOW the villain has JJ, a bigger set... they are willing to move in and risk the rest of their stack OR most of it trying to hit the last four in the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second, I didn't say that. I'm saying that I -don't- know villain has JJ. I gave the OP slightly more credit than that. I don't think he came here to ask if he should put all his money when he's beat.

But mostly I wasn't taking the hand very seriously, it was disgustingly formatted and with the all-caps title I just didn't want to put a lot of effort into helping a guy who isn't going to put any effort into his posts himself. I would have had a lot more comments about this hand otherwise.

tigerite
10-17-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lets look at the hand.
villan raised pre-flop
flops is draw heavy
villan only bets t15
If he had aa,or kk he would go all in,because of the flush draw,and straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would he play QQ/KK/AA in this spot.. that's the key. I personally do not think he would go all in here. He has no need to. He'd play it the same way (at least, I would)

Maulik
10-17-2005, 05:48 PM
you can stack me in this situation here, everytime. You'll see QJ,KJ, AJ and some odd 2-pair often enough to make this a profitable push.

Deuce2High
10-17-2005, 06:00 PM
I get away preflop.

10-17-2005, 06:00 PM
i fold preflop... i do not want to call 60 more this early vs 1 oponent. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you have 2k in chips ,you have to call only t60 more
I put him on aa-jj
If you flop a set 7.5-1 you take all his chips 13-1
say u both flop a set your like 9-1
you still have odds to call
You play weak-tight
ps:I came back,and won that tournament

Maulik
10-17-2005, 06:03 PM
for future reference don't post results.

DeathbySuckout
10-17-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets look at the hand.
villan raised pre-flop
flops is draw heavy
villan only bets t15

[/ QUOTE ]

How would he play QQ/KK/AA in this spot.. that's the key. I personally do not think he would go all in here. He has no need to. He'd play it the same way (at least, I would)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I have always been told, never put your villian on a hand, but rather a range of hands.

bigt439
10-17-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lets look at the hand.
villan raised pre-flop
flops is draw heavy
villan only bets t15

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I have always been told, never put your villian on a hand, but rather a range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

That range can, in some rare instances, only consist of one hand.

But that's besides the point. This post is kinda dumb. No don't get away from it because if you just put your opponent, for whom you don't have a read, on JJ... well that's just silly. I'm not going to elaborate because this hand is quite simple.

Oh and Leafs > Flyers. That is all.

10-17-2005, 06:55 PM
But that's besides the point. This post is kinda dumb. No don't get away from it because if you just put your opponent, for whom you don't have a read, on JJ... well that's just silly. I'm not going to elaborate because this hand is quite simple. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think it"s dumb youmust be not a thinking player
1.you have 2k in chips,you are the chip leader.
after you raise you still have 1.9k left,if you fold you are still the chip leader.If you loose you go back with everybody.
I think in this case he defined his hand.
aa-qq has to worry about yo making 2 pair,or str8,and flush draw.Most of the time they will not miniraise again if given a chance.To me it was 90% obvious that he has jj.
I should of folded,and protected my chip lead.

willie
10-17-2005, 07:09 PM
only by folding preflop, without even limping.

Michael C.
10-17-2005, 07:31 PM
No way I fold here, because no way it's not a profitable call. I've been in this situation too, "sure" villian has an over-set, and more often than not he doesn't. If you lose set over set, it's just poker. Folding here is, IMO, the wrong play, period.

As for calling the pre-flop raise, why not? So you risk 60 chips for the 1-8 chance of catching a set that will most of the time pay you off much more than that when you hit. So I'd have played this hand the same way as OP. Also, we tend to remember the hands we were "sure" villian had that turned out to be right. But there are a lot of times those reads are way wrong.

10-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I dunno. Blinds are pretty small. Folding preflop I can actually see happening here. I mean your pair is very very small and taking it HU against an unknown, that screams.. yikes! LOL!

Michael C.
10-17-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds are pretty small. Folding preflop I can actually see happening here. I mean your pair is very very small and taking it HU against an unknown, that screams.. yikes! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]
Small blinds is exactly why you want to play a pocket pair. If you don't flop your set, you lose 60 chips, most of the time. So you're only going heads up if you flop a 4. If the blinds are higher or villian's stack isn't deeper, I wouldn't call.

10-17-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds are pretty small. Folding preflop I can actually see happening here. I mean your pair is very very small and taking it HU against an unknown, that screams.. yikes! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]
Small blinds is exactly why you want to play a pocket pair. If you don't flop your set, you lose 60 chips, most of the time. So you're only going heads up if you flop a 4. If the blinds are higher or villian's stack isn't deeper, I wouldn't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

10-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Exactly right,
I play low pp for cheap for reason of flopping set against big pair.If 4 doesnt come,onthe flop I fold.