PDA

View Full Version : Let The People Decide: Session Studies poll

nomadtla
10-17-2005, 04:51 PM
This is a poll concerning this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3691014&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) if you do not know about this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3691014&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) then please visit this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3691014&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) and if you are interested in the idea then come back and place your votes.

nomadtla
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Please continue to put replies in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3691014&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

nomadtla
10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
OK Wookie locked the other one so continue to put replies and ideas in here.

2+2 Junkie
10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I like the idea, put me in, though I doubt anyone would listen to a -bb/100 .50-1 microlimit player.

10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I would like to review 6max and get feedback on it too. I think it will work better if we send it to one guy who redistributes it. If not, it will easily die. The problem with this is that the leader gets to do a lot of job..

numeri
10-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Personally, I think the 1-1 idea is easier with just an exchange of email addresses. It's also less work for the leader to set up. I see no need to fill up the leader's email box with hand sessions. And on that note, I'm finding myself wanting to help organize so I can do things my way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So if no one complains, I can organize for 6-max. Honestly, it's really just a bunch of emails every 2 weeks, so it shouldn't be too bad. I hope. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I also think this does not need to be a static collection of posters. I forsee a thread collecting interested posters. Somehow emails are collected and then people are connected. 2 weeks later, the process can repeat. Someone no longer interested or who just doesn't have time for those two weeks can be left out - rather than just not responding to the email.

In order for this to work, it has to be low-maintenance and flexible. Even if it drops down to 6 people - that's still 15 different pairs and hence 30 weeks worth of exchange. We don't need a huge group to make it worthwhile IMO.

My thoughts.

10-17-2005, 05:26 PM
I think 1-1 is the way to go. I would be willing to organize the full ring if no one else has already volunteered.

numeri
10-17-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with this is that the leader gets to do a lot of job..

[/ QUOTE ]
Not if he just sends an email to two people connecting them and says, 'Have at it, ye scallywags!'

lautzutao
10-17-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think the 1-1 idea is easier with just an exchange of email addresses. It's also less work for the leader to set up. I see no need to fill up the leader's email box with hand sessions. And on that note, I'm finding myself wanting to help organize so I can do things my way. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So if no one complains, I can organize for 6-max. Honestly, it's really just a bunch of emails every 2 weeks, so it shouldn't be too bad. I hope. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I also think this does not need to be a static collection of posters. I forsee a thread collecting interested posters. Somehow emails are collected and then people are connected. 2 weeks later, the process can repeat. Someone no longer interested or who just doesn't have time for those two weeks can be left out - rather than just not responding to the email.

In order for this to work, it has to be low-maintenance and flexible. Even if it drops down to 6 people - that's still 15 different pairs and hence 30 weeks worth of exchange. We don't need a huge group to make it worthwhile IMO.

My thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /images/graemlins/cool.gif

And I'll submit myself again for whatever is necessary to get this off the ground. I'd be more than willing to organize the e-mail exchange for fullring if we got 6-max covered.

nomadtla
10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /images/graemlins/cool.gif

And I'll submit myself again for whatever is necessary to get this off the ground. I'd be more than willing to organize the e-mail exchange for fullring if we got 6-max covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or we can both take ring and trade between the ring groups and leave 6-max to the burnnantaor

10-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Count me in.

TredWel
10-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea to while away those hours at work. Count me in.

Weatherhead03
10-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Everything you said looks good to me. Now when does this all start?

lautzutao
10-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmm, the God of Wealth shouldn't need any advice/images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome to the forums