PDA

View Full Version : Griese may be out for season.

TheRover
10-17-2005, 03:48 PM
<--------should be your next starting QB.

link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/10/17/bc.fbn.bucs.griese.ap/index.html)

Soul Daddy
10-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Hmm... I thought I read earlier today that it was diagnosed as a torn ACL. Anyway, I'm sure they'll sign someone for insurance, but Simms will get the first shot.

10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Tampa should trade for me. I'm pretty good at handing the ball off to Curtis. I can do the same with Cadillac.

TheRover
10-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Mortensen says he's done. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2194147)

C'mon Gruden, you know who you need.

imported_anacardo
10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
[censored] all that!

Give 'em hell, Simms!

10-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Simms is the starter? Ouch, I think I'll be taking the spread against Tampa the rest of the year.

10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Simms is the starter? Ouch, I think I'll be taking the spread against Tampa the rest of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that hard to hand the ball off...and If I recall didn't Simms play pretty well in a couple games last year?

10-18-2005, 03:23 PM
He hasn't proven anything in the league and if I remember right he was 0-3 versus Oklahoma with about 10 INT and that is a college team. I would expect every team to put 7 or 8 on the line to stop the run until he proves he can make a throw.

Simms Career Stats (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6433/career)

TheRover
10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
<------------solution.

jakethebake
10-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Simms = Choke Artist

imported_anacardo
10-18-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He hasn't proven anything in the league and if I remember right he was 0-3 versus Oklahoma with about 10 INT and that is a college team. I would expect every team to put 7 or 8 on the line to stop the run until he proves he can make a throw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You - imbecile. Sample size? How about you look over the rest of his college career? This kid's arm, accuracy, mechanics = all incredible, despite having one of the worst position coaches in Division I-A. Now that he's been shown / discussed reasonbly sophisticated checkdown stuff against a zone, there's no reason in the world that he shouldn't be very good NFL starter. You wait and see.

Oklahoma blah blah blah. [censored] all that. That's all you even know about him.

10-18-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You - imbecile. Sample size? How about you look over the rest of his college career? This kid's arm, accuracy, mechanics = all incredible, despite having one of the worst position coaches in Division I-A. Now that he's been shown / discussed reasonbly sophisticated checkdown stuff against a zone, there's no reason in the world that he shouldn't be very good NFL starter. You wait and see.

Oklahoma blah blah blah. [censored] all that. That's all you even know about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I'm not the only "imbecile", the Tampa GM agrees with me and traded for Rattay today. Why you stroking Simms so hard? He sucks.

Soul Daddy
10-18-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently I'm not the only "imbecile", the Tampa GM agrees with me and traded for Rattay today. Why you stroking Simms so hard? He sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the fact that they acquired another possible solution obviously means that they have a low opinion of Simms. I think cardo's assessment of you was spot on.

10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a dumbass...they traded for Ratay because Griese went on IR. Just cause you think Simms sucks doesn't mean the Bucs want to carry only 2 QB's. Oh and Simms has been named the starter already. I don't necassarilly agree Simms will do good but for you to declare that he won't be any good because of a few college games is stupid.

Army Eye
10-18-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. Are you Major Applewhite?

imported_anacardo
10-18-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.. Are you Major Applewhite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Major and Chris are good friends.

And thanks for your input, but FOR GOD'S SAKE STAY AWAY FROM ROLF!!!

Army Eye
10-18-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Major and Chris are good friends.

And thanks for your input, but FOR GOD'S SAKE STAY AWAY FROM ROLF!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! OK OK let's call a truce /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't believe I ran into a guy here with a Rolf avatar. I commend you on your taste.