PDA

View Full Version : PartyPoker Server Problems

OffSuit72
06-01-2003, 11:48 PM
/forums/images/icons/mad.gif ...Has anyone noticed since the ad campaign on The World Poker Tour, the server at PartyPoker cannot handle the influx of all the new players? Time and time again I have logged on and tried to sit at a table, only to get disconnected or have major "internet delays". I just felt like bitching some, but I have seen others at the tables with the same problem. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

joeypoker789
06-02-2003, 01:28 AM
I don't know about not handling the increase in traffic, but looking at the PokerPulse counts, PartyPoker is showing peaks of 161 real money games, 1249 ring game players and 1430 tournament players over the last 24 hours. The estimate on ring game pots there over the last 24 hours is an amazing $5M+ dollars. So, yes, I'd image their servers are getting a workout /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Legend27
06-02-2003, 02:41 AM
For 3 days straight now party/empire has been having server problems. They definetly have had a big influx of new players. The .50/1 tables have about 120 people on them right now at 2:30 in morning eastern time.

cuscokid
06-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Well if you can deal with the server problems, I personally haven't experienced too many problems this weekend, then your in for some terrific games. Variance is off the chart in some of these 24 36 games but if you got the funds to handle it you should be in for some nice winnings if you can avoid getting your top set crushed several times a day. The action was so loose I hated throwing away nearly anything because if you hit you got paid in a big way.

Legend27
06-02-2003, 03:54 AM
Yeah the games are definetly worth it. I made more money on party this weekend than I ever have in a 3 a day period.