PDA

View Full Version : reraise a possible position bet?

RawPalm
10-17-2005, 03:19 PM
How often and what kind of circumstances do you need to check raise a possible position bet. A few times today it's come up where it's been three handed after the flop and i'm in the big blind, small blind checks, i check, button bets. I'm wondering how often raising here is a good play. Obviously knowledge of opponent is key here, but almost every time it gets checked to the button (or whoever has position) they bet. This is at a 1/2 table at absolute

NobodysFreak
10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
I'd be willing to re-raise with something like MPGK. I think the more relevant question is why aren't you raising pre-flop if its just button, SB, and yourself in the BB? If he's open limping all the time you should be raising pre-flop.

sean c
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
This is the beauty of position. In an unraised pot with three or less players OOP i tend to bet any flop i plan on calling with. I don't like bluff check/raising into tiny pots you gain very little when it works and lose quite a bit when it fails. I know it seems like postion bettors are FOS but the pots are so small they usually are not worth fighting over.