PDA

View Full Version : Kicking a Mod off the island: Nomination thread

partygirluk
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not going to get bullied. Seeing as the other thread was closed due to OP requesting so, I am the OP of this thread and I don't want it closed, thanks.

Select up to 4 mods who you think are doing the worst job. There is an option to vote that they are all doing fine.

Enjoy.

tdarko
10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
just stop already.

make a post that contains a topic.

bwana devil
10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
thanks for the repost. i only used one vote though.

bwana

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to get bullied.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't stop because i got bullied or thought i was gonna get banned(i never would've been banned as the idea had Mat's support). i merely stopped because all it was doing was creating more noise and more flame wars in OOT. i think we already have enough of those. i'm all for a happier OOT and not one in which people are in constant wars and constant fear.

this idea was supposed to be fun, when it turned out not to be it was aborted.

Phoenix1010
I support this thread.

partygirluk
10-17-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to get bullied.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't stop because i got bullied or thought i was gonna get banned(i never would've been banned as the idea had Mat's support). i merely stopped because all it was doing was creating more noise and more flame wars in OOT. i think we already have enough of those. i'm all for a happier OOT and not one in which people are in constant wars and constant fear.

this idea was supposed to be fun, when it turned out not to be it was aborted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the JaketheBake v. Thinman thread was fun ?

spamuell
10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm torn between "I don't care" and "Dean, go and work for your exam and stop wasting your time with this."

SL__72
10-17-2005, 03:09 PM
That wasn't his thread. The one he created turned out not to be fun so he had it ended.

I'd also like to point out that whoever voted for commodus should be banned and probably also shot. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

partygirluk
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm torn between "I don't care" and "Dean, go and work for your exam and stop wasting your time with this."

[/ QUOTE ]

I cancelled my exam. Freedom!

Bradyams
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty certain there is only one correct answer to this poll.

ThaSaltCracka
10-17-2005, 03:15 PM
god damn you are [censored] lame.

10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also like to point out that whoever voted for commodus should be banned and probably also shot. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't moderators supposed to moderate? Isn't this a poll for who is not doing there job?

Aren't gimmick accounts supposed to be used for gimmicks?

partygirluk
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
god damn you are [censored] lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Syntax error.

SackUp
10-17-2005, 03:20 PM
This is all getting a bit out of control.

why not put this thing to the bottom line. Everyone knows what this is leading to, so why not just say it. Should [censored] be banned as a moderator?

Just make that poll and be done with all this mess. No sense in delaying the inevitable. Just get Mat's approval and be done with it.

I personally don't really care about [censored] being a mod. I think it is hilarious the amount of people who jock him...he loves the power. I really just wish he would bring back the Ms. OOT competition. That will forever be his greatest contribution to OOT and defintely one of the greatest OOT contributions period. Anything he ever does as a mod will pale in comparison.

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
well i was about to post and say you were borderline retarded, but now i get it. you are using the poll to find everyone who would vote for commudus and [censored] and submit them to get banned. great idea dude.

tdarko
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
you gotta admit tim&joe were pretty funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SackUp
10-17-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you gotta admit tim&joe were pretty funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...i still think Ms. OOT takes the cake though.

Phoenix1010
10-17-2005, 03:25 PM
If I were a mod I would delete this post and ban Voltron.

<font color="white"> Blahaha</font>

Ulysses
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Votes like this are silly, because those w/ a vendetta can just register a ton of accounts.

MEbenhoe's version was better (vote on who you want saved), but as others said, it would just likely result in some unknown other forum mod getting banned. Still, because of the troll voting ability, that wouldn't have worked either.

If you're going to do something like this, for it to have any validity, you would have to take votes the way [censored] did in the ThinMan thread.

Hamish McBagpipe
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just make that poll and be done with all this mess. No sense in delaying the inevitable. Just get Mat's approval and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thinman as 4 of his other known accounts have now been banned by me, mostly do to reasons beyond this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Threads about others posters are almost universally stupid. Especially nasty threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

His admission of guilt proves at least a colossal waste of OOT time and space if not an absolute disregard for 2+2 accounts. What kind of drumhead court metes out Thinman's punishment DURING the trial? How many more sham threads must we endure before we can find out the truth which is that this kind of thread is just the window dressing for arbitrary iron-fisted Stalinesque banishments.

Out! I say, Out!!! Only the most neutered of anti-free speech back-scratchers would acquiesce to this kind of oppression.

So, yes, I support the creation of this kind of a poll.

sfer
10-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Kick out Boom Boom. Or Evan.

Entity rules.

Phoenix1010
10-17-2005, 03:29 PM
I think it's clear that all the people who don't like Censored must be the ones with multiple accounts. In fact, it might just be one guy with 34 accounts.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Hamish rules.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's clear that all the people who don't like Censored must be the ones with multiple accounts. In fact, it might just be one guy with 34 accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not.

Phoenix1010
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with this? Evan got a lot of votes in the other thread too. Did he do something wrong, or are you joking?

MrWookie47
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Votes like this are silly, because those w/ a vendetta can just register a ton of accounts.

MEbenhoe's version was better (vote on who you want saved), but as others said, it would just likely result in some unknown other forum mod getting banned. Still, because of the troll voting ability, that wouldn't have worked either.

If you're going to do something like this, for it to have any validity, you would have to take votes the way [censored] did in the ThinMan thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way MEbenhoe set this up was that the nomination thread would accept anonymous votes, but the subsequent matchups would be handled in the manner [censored] did the thinman vs. jake thread. Hopefully partygirl will do that as well.

B Dids
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
You confuse people who jock [censored] with people who just dislike what has become of OOT and are happy to see idiots getting banned.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM
The problem with the poll is that people who want censored to stay aren't going to vote and don't feel strongly about any other person, thus swinging things wildly in favor of censored's opposition. The only way to really do this is a yes or no vote on censored with people replying to the thread saying yes or no.

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You confuse people who jock [censored] with people who just dislike what has become of OOT and are happy to see idiots getting banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, ive been accused of jocking [censored] by a bunch of people (90% of whom i dont know) when in fact its just a great idea regardless of who implements it. before this i had no opinion of [censored], he was just some vanilla OOT poster.

jesusarenque
[ QUOTE ]
[ but the subsequent matchups would be handled in the manner [censored] did the thinman vs. jake thread. Hopefully partygirl will do that as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand while people are quick to point out possibilities for abuse in this poll, while at the same time saying [censored]'s poll was fair. He took votes by PM did he not? It seems to me there is at least as much opportunity for abuse there. All he has to do is lie.

SackUp
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are clearly not a golfer.

***searching for your sarcasm dector***

It's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

razor
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who doesn't understand this distinction should be banned.

sfer
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with this? Evan got a lot of votes in the other thread too. Did he do something wrong, or are you joking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fcuking Napoleon must go.

tdarko
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
i pointed out the PM aspect of the survivor poll in the other thread stating that [censored] wasn't risking jake, he knew all along that if the thread results weren't what he wanted then he would swing it via PM. smart if you ask me cause thinman is a dick that treated people like crap.

SCfuji
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
i think...

-we shouldnt be having these polls
-we as non-mod posters should have some say in who becomes a mod or not, but all these decisions go through mat and if there is one person's judgement we should trust, it is mat's. instead of posting polls, people with complaints need to explain objectively why they dont like a certain moderator.
-many of us would do much worse as moderators, myself included and that we also dont know how long these guys read these forums day after day trying to manage their forums. i also believe that i would power trip like none other and i believe a lot of people would share the same shortcoming.
-if a great mod becomes a casualty of one of these polls it will be terrible.
-this forum is a melting pot of some really great minds and surely we can come up with an alternative solution.
-what's going on right now seems more like a riot and we need a more effective resolution that is structured and agreed upon by the majority.

so what this forum needs to do is to form some sort of government (not joking). there should be voting and terms and whether people can be re-elected or not can be decided upon by the ppl of ootiopia.

this is just one solution, and not that i need to ask but feel free to propose something different or modifying the gov't solution.

SackUp
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is definitely a distinction. I too have no problem with OOT getting cleaned up. And I like some of the boots [censored] has made. I'm not talking about the people who like the idea of cleaning up OOT or those who support some of his bannings. I'm talking about the people who are so afraid to say anything that they think [censored] may look down upon, even though it is a totally legitimate thought or expression. Basically his little groupies. I'm not saying that everyone who supports [censored] is one of these people at all and probably the large majority are not...but there are definitely quite a few.

You jump to conclusions too quickly.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think...

-we shouldnt be having these polls
-we as non-mod posters should have some say in who becomes a mod or not, but all these decisions go through mat and if there is one person's judgement we should trust, it is mat's. instead of posting polls, people with complaints need to explain objectively why they dont like a certain moderator.
-many of us would do much worse as moderators, myself included and that we also dont know how long these guys read these forums day after day trying to manage their forums. i also believe that i would power trip like none other and i believe a lot of people would share the same shortcoming.
-if a great mod becomes a casualty of one of these polls it will be terrible.
-this forum is a melting pot of some really great minds and surely we can come up with an alternative solution.
-what's going on right now seems more like a riot and we need a more effective resolution that is structured and agreed upon by the majority.

so what this forum needs to do is to form some sort of government (not joking). there should be voting and terms and whether people can be re-elected or not can be decided upon by the ppl of ootiopia.

this is just one solution, and not that i need to ask but feel free to propose something different or modifying the gov't solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be almost impossible to do. I think the easiest solution is to vote whether or not to remove censored, show the results to Mat, and then elect/not elect a new mod through the same open method of nominations.

[censored]
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Here's what is going to happen.

This contest is over as is Mebenhoe's best Mod contest. There will not be another OOT survivor and I will just go back to banning people at my sole discretion. There will be no further similar contests and no bitching threads about this.

Partygirl and other's who don't like this are free to enjoy the other 2p2 forums. The fact of that matter is that the top poker players who also use OOT like my policies. Some of you may not want to accept that they are more important to the forum than you but that is the truth.

As long as I am moderator of OOT the forum is going to be run under my rules. period.