PDA

View Full Version : A boring first PLO hand AK44 ds

AZK
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to broaden my horizons and start playing some PLO. For now I'm playing on the weak/tight/nit side until I get comfortable. Any comments?

5/10 full ring, 1 limper, I raise pot with AK44 ds, limper calls.

Flop A23r (1 diamond)

He checks, I bet pot, he calls.

Turn T diamonds

check/check

River 3 diamonds

He bets 300 I call. No reason to raise this river right? Even though the flush came backdoor?

scdavis0
10-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Raising would be awful.

BlackAces
10-17-2005, 03:08 PM
The board pairing makes a raise very bad.

arod15
10-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Right....

beset7
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
yeah no reason to raise river.

I just wanted to point out to you tho that potting this flop is not on the "weak/tight" side in my opinion. I like it tho.

AZK
10-17-2005, 06:39 PM
What about preflop, if it was multiway I probably would have just limped, but lately I look at 1 limper and button as a license to raise pot in NL, so it might be spilling over to PLO, though more people call in PLO...this isn't a great hand right?

BluffTHIS!
10-17-2005, 07:05 PM
If I am the preflop raiser in position and it is checked to me, I am going to pot it 90% of the time no matter whether the flop helped me or not and if called will re-evaluate and just check/fold if I get nothing on the turn. And regarding the river on your hand, your call was not weak-tight but was rather loose even headsup unless you have experience with the opponent and believe him to be betting a draw that missed. Lots of hands beat you here.

flawless_victory
10-18-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...this isn't a great hand right?

[/ QUOTE ]that hand is garbage.
river call is iffy... you may want to consider moving in representing AA (this would be a bluff).

beset7
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about preflop, if it was multiway I probably would have just limped, but lately I look at 1 limper and button as a license to raise pot in NL, so it might be spilling over to PLO, though more people call in PLO...this isn't a great hand right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with raising this hand preflop in position and then potting the flop. I kind of missed the preflop action when i first read your post.

Yeah, to answer your question, this hand is basically garbage. But I, and lots of other people, play lots of garbage on the button. Its pretty loose though is my point. If you want to play tight while you work on your postflop omaha skills you might want to fold this preflop.