PDA

View Full Version : Basic question about comp points

dtbog
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Turning Stone just introduced a 'comp point' system -- 1 hour of play gets you 1 Karat (redeemable for $1 food, $0.75 gas, $0.50 for room, etc etc) at certain tables, and 0.5 Karats at others.

Last time I was there, I put my name on the board and busied myself by walking about the poker room for 45 minutes while waiting for a seat.

Should I or should I not get comp points for this time?

I maintain that if they are going to run a comp program at all, then as a patron of the poker room (who needs to buy a $2 'poker room card' each time I come), I should be comped for the time that I am helping to contribute to their rake.

Since they won't let me leave the immediate area of the poker room (I've lost my spot in line while checking into my hotel room or going to the bathroom, for example), I maintain that my waiting time is directly contributing to their rake.

Why? Well, if I didn't wait, I'd leave. I wouldn't pay them a dime in rake.

Paying me $0.50 per hour that I spend waiting in a space with no place to sit and little room to walk seems like a very mild sacrifice on their part.

Thoughts?

10-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Nice theory, but I wouldnt hold your breath. Every place Ive ever been checks you in when you sit at the table and out roughly when you leave. Wait time doesnt count for jack.

mrkilla
10-18-2005, 11:34 AM
You'll never get them to agree to the wait time. If your looking to get some extra point.s Just sit at what evers open and play a few hands. The will comp you for the time your there. Also if you want to "make it up" you can always check out late if you plan on staying there. I usually do this at the Taj. When Im done with poker I'll stay clocked in. Then come back a few hours later and clock out after I go eat or whatever with my girl.

dtbog
10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If your looking to get some extra point.s Just sit at what evers open and play a few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more a theoretical question; I'm not overly worried about the points themselves.

It just seems like waiting is just as comp-able as playing. You're basically waiting for the opportunity to sit down and start paying them rake.

jba
10-18-2005, 03:03 PM
wait a second, do they seriously charge $2 to get into the poker room???? for real?

dtbog
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wait a second, do they seriously charge $2 to get into the poker room???? for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they charge you $2 to sit at a table.

It's some circumvention of a law banning "public" poker rooms; you need to make it a "private club".

They therefore need to tell you one of these:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2628/prcard8vt.jpg
making you a 24 hour "club member"

cardcounter0
10-18-2005, 09:07 PM
They should pay you for the time it takes to drive there too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtbog
10-18-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They should pay you for the time it takes to drive there too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

amen!

does O'Doyle's army do B&M?