PDA

View Full Version : Fearless or reckless? Thoughts on a push for all my chips

arod15
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
1-2NL live NYC
Effective stacks 700 Although hero covers.
Hero is MP picks up AJoff
Raises to 22 standard
Villian on the button cold calls
Villian is a lagish player with good postflop game
He respects me although he considers me a rock

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 47)
I lead out for 35
Villian cold calls
Turn is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot 117)
I lead out for 50 Villan raises me to 150 straight (317 pot)
I push. Thoughts? Is this reckless?
I was 90% he had no spade.
I also know he is likely to raise me with less than an Ace.
He had 400+ so it's def a tough call with anything but the nutz....

TreyOfLight
10-17-2005, 02:32 PM
He has to fold 2/3 of the time for you to show a profit from this play.

According to your reads, he doesn't even have you beat 2/3 of the time, so any fold you get from a better hand is pure gravy.

xorbie
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
How could you even know he has no spades? Anyway, I can't really imagine what the point here is, you have a read that you're winning, you push. Ok. Next hand.

arod15
10-17-2005, 02:40 PM
I guess the question is, against a player who checkraises a lot with little and calls a lot with monster (typical weak strong strong weak) and could be on avast array of hands, Is pushing here reckless if you assume he folds more often than not. It would be much easier if i had the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif but that wasnt the case.

xorbie
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Ok and I guess my point is I don't understand your question. You say he doesn't necessarily have an A and definitely doesn't have a spade. I just don't get it.

TreyOfLight
10-17-2005, 02:49 PM
What "reckless"? You aren't semibluffing. If called, you're drawing dead.

Your play is either profitable, or it's not. If "folds more often than not" means "folds twice as often", then profitable. Otherwise, not.

Godfather80
10-17-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1-2NL live NYC
Raises to 22 standard
Villian on the button cold calls
Villian is a lagish player with good postflop game
He respects me although he considers me a rock

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot 47)
I lead out for 35
Villian cold calls
Turn is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot 117)
I lead out for 50 Villan raises me to 150 straight (317 pot)
I push. Thoughts? Is this reckless?
I was 90% he had no spade.
I also know he is likely to raise me with less than an Ace.
He had 400+ so it's def a tough call with anything but the nutz....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand reading ability is insane. Don't put yourself in this position with AJo.

The_Bends
10-17-2005, 02:52 PM
I think you need to explain where you got your no spade read from because the whole play hinges on that read and theres nothing in the betting to suggest it.

If he's loose enough to raise you without an A or a spade is he tight enough fold to your bluff?

Andrew Fletcher
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't really imagine what the point here is.

[/ QUOTE ]

BigBiceps
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1-2NL live NYC
Raises to 22 standard

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is 1-2 blinds, why is a raise to 22 standard? I thought a raise to 7 would be standard. Also, AJo is a hand to get yourself trapped for all your chips in NL and not worth playing in early positions.

arod15
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
No i say he is capable of doing this without an A. I actually believed he was on AQ or AJ range. I said he is capable of making this play with nothing. And i suspect he is weaker than his check raise shows.

arod15
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Your hand reading ability is insane. Don't put yourself in this position with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

its the best part of my game.......

arod15
10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
I got it from his game. Ive played with him for over 16 hours that week. And saw him make similar plays. He tends to let people bet into when he has monsters.... And re raise when he thinks your weak or will fold.

arod15
10-17-2005, 03:26 PM
It was standerd because 7 dollars will get you 10 callers at that game. In terms of controlling the number of players there raising to 22 will limit it to 1 or 2. Also i wasnt that early in postion and no one had opened. I was also big stack so that tends to make a lot of players ( i dont know why) shy away from actions.