PDA

View Full Version : absolutepoker question

10-17-2005, 02:00 PM
First time post...long time reader. I am just wondering if anybody noticed anything funny about absolute poker and/or what your opinions are of the site. I will wait to here your responses before I post my experience, because I dont want to skew them. Thanks for the help

kiddj
10-17-2005, 02:05 PM
I find it funny how, after all the cards are out, the highest hand wins.

(Be more specific. Although if this is an attempt to start an "Absolute is rigged" thread, you may want to stop now.)

charlie_t_jr
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...long time reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats true, you surely know what the responses will be like.

10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
ha yeah I do.
ok...let me rephrase the question. There are differences in the algorithms from site to site no? Has anybody ever viewed a difference in their statistics from site to site and had to alter their play or is my sample just too small and I need to maybe wait for the stats to normalize? Im still winning on the site I just noticed that my statistics are not what one would expect switching from a ten person table to a nine.

flair1239
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ha yeah I do.
ok...let me rephrase the question. There are differences in the algorithms from site to site no? Has anybody ever viewed a difference in their statistics from site to site and had to alter their play or is my sample just too small and I need to maybe wait for the stats to normalize? Im still winning on the site I just noticed that my statistics are not what one would expect switching from a ten person table to a nine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the games at Absolute play a bit differently than at other sites from my experience.

But this is less a product of the hands you are dealt, and more a product of the nature of a bonus whore. Some of the games have a weird mix of tight/passive preflop and loose passive post flop.

Meaning that preflop it can be relativlely easy to limit the field with certain hands. However after the flop you end up getting called down a little more often than you may be accustomed to. Reason being, the tight passive players are strating with better hands, so they often catch a little chunk of the board and mindlessly semi-bluffing into these players is a one way street into the "pit of despair".

Worry less about the site algorithims and more about the nature of your opponents.

10-17-2005, 02:54 PM
what differences should I expect to see on stat tracker? One major difference I noticed was my hands seen dropped from 25% to 19%. This 19% was consistent from session to session with little or no much variance. Considerint the drop from 10 person tables to 9 and a change in play from aggressive to passive shouldnt there be an increase if anything? Again thanks for the help. I appreciate the last post.

10-17-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what differences should I expect to see on stat tracker? One major difference I noticed was my hands seen dropped from 25% to 19%. This 19% was consistent from session to session with little or no much variance. Considerint the drop from 10 person tables to 9 and a change in play from aggressive to passive shouldnt there be an increase if anything? Again thanks for the help. I appreciate the last post.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands?

10-17-2005, 02:59 PM
about 4k. too small of a sample?

Beavis68
10-17-2005, 03:14 PM
play hands with a 6 on AP, pure gold.

flair1239
10-17-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
about 4k. too small of a sample?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes too small.

Not trying to be a smartass. But yes a 4K sample is way too small.

I have run card dead below my long term average "see flop%" for longer periods then that.

I have also experienced spells where it seemed to me that "nothing was going right" on a certain site. At 4k hands, you really cannot make any serious assumptions about card distribution.

StellarWind
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am just wondering if anybody noticed anything funny about absolute poker

[/ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. They've got the CSI: Miami orange thing going. Really makes my eyes hurt /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

dibbs
10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
Yea. Their waiting list crap is annoying as hell. And your post doesnt show your suspicions at all, either

Army Eye
10-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah I noticed something funny about Absolute. A pre-flop raise from any position will take down the pot 90% of the time in a full ring game. Man, what action!

10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
so atleast we can all agree that absolute is crap

alimomoney
10-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Absolute is far from crap. It's a goldmine. The players are extremely weak and the lack of maniacs keeps variance down too. Good earn, low variance, and now the software is more robust than most. Plus never ending bonii and customer support that is pretty good. I just don't understand why the continuous rundowns of absolute. Two things I don't like about absolute are 9 player games and the lack of action at times. Otherwise absolute rocks.

Georgia Avenue
10-17-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute is far from crap. It's a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please delete this post immediately.

No no everyone, AP is awful! Many good players! Many rocks who fold often! Very bad-- stay away! Stay in party poker! Yes! Yes...my precious AP, no one will find you now...

10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
so, I guess the consensus has changed to its awesome.

Rduke55
10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No no everyone, AP is awful! Many good players! Many rocks who fold often! Very bad-- stay away! Stay in party poker! Yes! Yes...my precious AP, no one will find you now...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
I love Absolute as well. Um...because of all the bad beats due to their algorithm thing-a-ma-bob. Yeah, that's it...I hate money. Stay away!

beernutz
10-17-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First time post...long time reader. I am just wondering if anybody noticed anything funny about absolute poker and/or what your opinions are of the site. I will wait to here your responses before I post my experience, because I dont want to skew them. Thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I may know what you are getting at, since I play at Absolute quite a bit and hear the table chatter. At least in the 4 card games (O/8 and Omaha) some players are convinced that quads and straight flushes are dealt at Absolute more often than chance would suggest.

I have not done any hand history analysis myself which would suppport or reject the Big Hand theory. However, because just about everytime quads or a straight flush are seen in these games somebody at the table comments on the Absolute 'rumor', the theory somewhat perpetuates itself.

Is this what you are referring to or is it something else?

10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
No, actually I didnt notice that. I suppose my most pressing question was why my call percentage was so much less if the games are supposedly tighter and the tables only seat nine rather than ten. Thanks for the post

J_B
10-17-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-17-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
play hands with a 6 on AP, pure gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't AP was it?

-bboy