PDA

View Full Version : Kicking a Mod off the island: Nomination thread

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
At the urging of some through PM, lets just get this cracking right away. This will work as nomination for the kicking off a mod tournament (which may or may not result in a mod getting removed). All final decisions are left up to Mat, but he said he supports this in order to gauge how some of the mods are viewed. In this poll you are allowed to vote for up to 4 mods that you think arent doing a good job, or for whatever other reason you might have to vote for them. This is the only poll in the entire tournament where you will be allowed to vote anonymously. Once the seeding has been determined, voting will be done in the style of the OOT survivor thread where you will have to post your votes, have a certain # of posts, have been a member for a certain amount of time, and i'm thinking of adding a clause where you must be a contributor to at least one forum that falls under the general gambling or poker category. thoughts on the last clause being added are appreciated? so vote away.

note: the top 18 vote getters in this thread after 2 days will be seeded into 6 groups of 3, the person with the most votes from each of the 6 groups moves on into 2 groups of 3, and the person with the most votes from each of the 2 groups will make up the final pairing.

also, please keep all comments in this thread respectful to the mods, despite what it may seem like, this is still meant to only be a fun contest.

Sponger15SB
10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
How about we do a vote whether or not the community thinks this is a good idea first?

It seems like there are a few posting pushing something which is truely a terrible idea.

xorbie
10-17-2005, 01:54 PM
lmao i read the post very quickly and voted totally the wrong way.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-17-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about we do a vote whether or not the community thinks this is a good idea first?

It seems like there are a few posting pushing something which is truely a terrible idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Also, why don't you just cut the crap and come out with a thread saying you want to get rid of [censored]?

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
i dont the point of this, this idea pretty much sucks.

Sponger15SB
10-17-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why don't you just cut the crap and come out with a thread saying you want to get rid of [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I'm not so sure right now, but this idea totally blows and I'm not going to vote.

Also, I'd get banned for such a thread as it is clearly against a few rules in the sticky.

daryn
10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
i say we just cut to the chase and ban MEbenhoe

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Guys, lets all vote for Chief911, so I can be the only guy with a limecat avatar!!! Seriously, Indiana will pay $90 for every Chief911 vote from here on out.

Thanks for your support.

Swede

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont shoot the messenger.

TheMainEvent
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
I thought [censored] was trying to reduce the number of threads/polls about posters or moderators. If we never had one again I'd be fine with it, and that includes this poll and OOT survivor.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought [censored] was trying to reduce the number of threads/polls about posters or moderators. If we never had one again I'd be fine with it, and that includes this poll and OOT survivor.

[/ QUOTE ]

the comparison between the two is kinda the point...

Phoenix1010
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Also, why don't you just cut the crap and come out with a thread saying you want to get rid of [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't see the cleverness here?

TheMainEvent
10-17-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the comparison between the two is kinda the point...

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what's going on. I just think we'd be better off without all of it.

flair1239
10-17-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good idea.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

i won't start a separate thread on this issue, but if you and daryn and anyone else honestly feel like this and aren't just saying it cuz you think it makes you look cool, feel free to PM me with any issues you have with me and you feel i deserve to be banned, I'd be happy to hear them.

gildwulf
10-17-2005, 02:15 PM
These mod polls are getting tiresome.

Phoenix1010
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

i won't start a separate thread on this issue, but if you and daryn and anyone else honestly feel like this and aren't just saying it cuz you think it makes you look cool, feel free to PM me with any issues you have with me and you feel i deserve to be banned, I'd be happy to hear them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meet him after school by the bike rack.

CardSharpCook
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Pretty worthless thread. This where we need [censored] to come in and delete the thread. Until that happens, I'm voting for [censored]. Be wonderful to get him kicked out of here. I also voted for Craigr and would vote for any other mod in the Affliate forum for the reason that that forum has no business on this site (ironically, the have ONLY business reasons to be here) and they run that forum in a very dirty way. I say ban the forum, but I'll start one mod at a time.

MEbenhoe
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These mod polls are getting tiresome.

[/ QUOTE ]

screw it, i was only doing this cuz clark asked me to run with his idea and Mat said it was a good idea, but if this many people are going to get pissed off about it and saying i should be banned over something as stupid as this, I'm not going to continue in this. someone else can feel free to step up and run this, but I will not be that person. if [censored] or any of the other mods see this, locking this thread would be a good thing.