PDA

View Full Version : First pot limit tournament, was this played right?

ajohnson16
10-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Full Tilt 27 player 10+1 buy in
playing 5-handed, started hand with t3400 in chips at 120-240 blinds

Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif in SB

UTG folds, LP (t7450) limps, button folds, SB calls, BB (t3850) checks

Flop is J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, LP bets t240, SB calls, BB raises to t1600, LP raises to t6000, SB????

Rosie5
10-17-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
started hand with t3400 in chips at 120-240 blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

SB can't get his money in fast enough (at least if he's me) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

You can't realistically be dominated and you could be ahead, with so few Big Blinds I could never fold this given how much is out there.

A three bet in omaha usually indicates a strong hand, but It looks like someones got their hand caught in the jar in this situation with action from 3 players on a paired board. unless it's the very rare 44 vs J4 vs Jxxx and even still you have a lot of equity. I'm no tournament expert but I'd push here

sysdomatic
10-17-2005, 06:15 PM
You gotta push here. Given the blinds, this is a golden opportunity to triple up. You are probably behind, as one of these players either has J4 or 44, but I like the odds of hitting an ace, Queen or Ten on the turn or river. Given your stack size, you gotta push. And who knows, maybe you are ahead..

ajohnson16
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
The way I felt about these guys hands was right — I put one on 44 and one on the J. After doing a quick calculation, I thought that I might be ahead in this situation with two to come (I think I was about a 35% favorite) unless the hand with a J is something like JAKQ, then im in trouble.

Turns out I was right, 44 was up against J987ss and my AQJT. Miraculously no 9, 8, 7, T, A, or Q falls and the 44 triples up and shows me the door.

Just glad I played the hand correctly.