PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody in here been robbed?

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:20 PM
So my house was broken into Saturday night while I was out. No idea who it could have been. Interesting thing is that the only thing they stole was a few pieces of jewerly and my Colts tickts for the game tonight. I forgot to set the alarm but I'm scared chitless about it. Anybody experience this type of thing? Dam, now I will have to watch the game on TV. I could go to the game and try to find who is sitting in my seat but they prolly won't be the actual thief.

Indy

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:22 PM
It's only some jewelery and some football tickets, probably something I could replace playing .25/.50 for a few hours. Don't sweat it man.

Swede

boedeker
10-17-2005, 01:22 PM
i got robbed last december. i was out of town but my girlfriend was around and it really freaked her out for a while after. i was alright about it, we added more locks.

sorry.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Dude, do you know how expensive a Monday night Colts game is? I had 4 tickets man. Our stadium is really small too so that ups the price.

Indy

lorinda
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
When I played MTG seriously, someone broke into our house and emptied about $2-3k worth of my magic cards onto the floor out of a bag - so they could use the bag to carry out a 5 year old VCR which they might have got $50 for if they were lucky.

Lori

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
since it is Colts tix and jewelry, do you think it is someone you know?

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, do you know how expensive a Monday night Colts game is? I had 4 tickets man. Our stadium is really small too so that ups the price.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

dude you explicitly said you play Texas No-Limit Hold'em, no biggie at all.

kyro
10-17-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's only some jewelery and some football tickets, probably something I could replace playing .25/.50 for a few hours. Don't sweat it man.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope [censored] doesn't think I'm contributing nothing here, but this post was absolute gold. Thank you.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:31 PM
I have no idea who it was, that's what scares me man. They couldn't have come in just for my tickets, I was just stupid enough to have them sitting in my jewerly box on the bathroom sink. I'm getting a Rotweiler.

Indy

kyro
10-17-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea who it was, that's what scares me man. They couldn't have come in just for my tickets, I was just stupid enough to have them sitting in my jewerly box on the bathroom sink. I'm getting a Rotweiler.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to make it known that I would willingly offer myself up as Indy's opponent in the next Survivor matchup if that is OK with [censored].

DrSavage
10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Noone has ever broke into my house, I have been robbed at gunpoint two times however.

astroglide
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
i would contact the cops. get proof of your ticket purchase and have whoever is sitting in the seats arrested.

Notorious G.O.B.
Geez you hold a grudge.

kyro
[ QUOTE ]
i would contact the cops. get proof of your ticket purchase and have whoever is sitting in the seats arrested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people could easily claim they bought them on the street before the game. I like your thinking though.

TheBlueMonster
10-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Myabe someone saw the pics of your house on this site...
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Blarg
A lot of robberies and crimes are very situational; a drunk guy will just go around trying doors or looking for a dark house. There could easily be no particular logic to why it happened to you on any particular night.

Of course, there's no better security device than a big, territorial dog. Might want to consider it. His alarm is always on.

trying2learn
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron. odds are the people in those seats will have bought those tickets scalped.

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's no better security device than a big, territorial dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about sharks with freakin' lasers on their heads? My sharks would own your Rottweiler.

Swede

SL__72
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Do you have season tickets? If so just go find the person scalping your tickets. If they are actually using them (doesn't seem likely) you know where they are going to be at 8pm tonight. You might be able to convince the stadium/team that you were in fact robbed and to let you have your seats/help find out who used the tickets or something.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Yah, kyro or Clarkmeister prolly looked me up from my last brag post and decided to rob my ass. Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

Shajen
10-17-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you already say that once before?

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Hence the humor.

Indy

astroglide
10-17-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who break into places for low hundreds worth of goods are pretty much first-class morons too. it's not likely, but i wouldn't be amazingly surprised if the ticket users were infact the robbers. perhaps the OP will recognize them whoever they are (friend of a "friend" and that sort of thing). perhaps they will identify the people who did it. who knows? it's not a terrific amount of effort and i'd be happy to do it if there's a non-zero chance of somebody actually getting nailed as a result of it.

dcasper70
10-17-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who steals tickets - then goes and uses the seats is first class moron. odds are the people in those seats will have bought those tickets scalped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but too friggin bad for them. It's called receiving stolen property!
Even if they didn't know, scalping is still illegal in most states.

Contact the Colts, drop the hammer! Give 'em the boot, I say!

manpower
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

SL__72
10-17-2005, 01:49 PM
As long as they are season tickets you should at least be able to go to the game still.

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone took all the change and my bag out of my car while i was at college (i had forgotten to lock it). Monetarily it wasn't so bad, but it sucked losing all my notes and textbooks for the semester.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually stole the loose change out of your car? Unless you happened to have a gigantic vat full of quarters in the back seat I must nominate this robbery as the most pitiful one in the thread so far.

Swede

B Dids
10-17-2005, 01:54 PM
I've had my cars broken into 4 times. Lost two windows, one deck+changer+speakers, a coat, a backpack, some softball equipment, various CDs (including a a Mobb Deep CD when the cops actually got the guys in the act, but let them keep the CD since they decided that it likely belong to the thieves because it was unlikely the owner of a lowered 91 Civic SI listened to "gangster rap"), and the cost of repairing a damaged stearing column from a failed attempt to actually take the care.

I've had a bike stolen from under my apartment, but that's because I was lazy and locked it through the front wheel and then ignored it for 3 weeks.

offTopic
10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I played MTG seriously, someone broke into our house and emptied about $2-3k worth of my magic cards onto the floor out of a bag - so they could use the bag to carry out a 5 year old VCR which they might have got $50 for if they were lucky.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - my house was broken into in 12/01, and the guy grabbed everything he could fit into my backpack, which was lying in my room. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Digcam, PDA, watch, some cash...and left behind the MTG binders. One had a complete set of Unlimited in it, and another had an Arabian Nights and an Antiquities set in it.

Wes ManTooth
10-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Once my car was stolen, about a weak later a friend of mine saw it in someone's driveway as he happen to be driving by in a town that was about 15 minutes from were I lived. He called me and I quickly went over to check it out. My friend and I checked my car and it looked fine with the exception of the alarm being messed with, I went to the house (ready to beat the $^%& out of whoever answered the door) only to find an old lady home and she claimed that she thought it was her grandsons friends car. I told her that I was there to pick it up. I had my keys got in and took off. Later on that night I called the police that I had filled the report with and told them the story. They researched it and the next day it turned out that the person that stole my car was arrested a few days earlier for drug related charges and they could not on additional theft charges because they have no proof that he actually took the car because I had already taken it back.

HopeydaFish
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
You'll be able to go to the game. Just call the stadium and tell them your tickets were stolen. They'll print you some new ones. If they have the system where they have barcode readers for the tickets on the way in, they'll de-activate the stolen tickets so that they can't be used.

A friend of mine lost her ticket to an NHL playoff game a couple of years ago. She was upset because she figured she was out of luck, but called the box office just in case. They didn't even hesitate on printing her a new ticket.

jaydub
10-17-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here - my house was broken into in 12/01, and the guy grabbed everything he could fit into my backpack, which was lying in my room. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Digcam, PDA, watch, some cash...and left behind the MTG binders. One had a complete set of Unlimited in it, and another had an Arabian Nights and an Antiquities set in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shockingly burglars are generally not fantasy card playing nerds.

Randy_Refeld
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I worked in some convenience stores for a while and was robbed at gunpoint multiple times. Isn't very fun.

SCfuji
10-17-2005, 02:13 PM
is this a common thing in your neighborhood? did anybody around see anything suspicious? (yes i know it was at night but you never know).

RacersEdge
10-17-2005, 02:19 PM
I would definitely call the cops on this one and have them see who takes those seats. Probably not the thief, but who knows - maybe the people would have the thief's cell number or something. You hear about stupid crimes all the time.

offTopic
10-17-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.ednacampbell.com/media/pacers/reggie_190_proud.jpg

TripleH68
10-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Someone tried to break into my home once. I work the evening shift and was home around 10:30am when I heard someone knock on the front door. I ignored it like usual, but then heard someone a couple minutes later at the back door fidgeting with the lock. I appeared in a blaze of anger and this guy took off quickly and ran through the neighbor's yard to get away. I then called the police and they did next to nothing of course. Not sure if I should have taken a different course of action, but I freaked quickly.

By the way, when someone breaks into your home when you are not there it is a burglary. Robbery is when someone takes something from you in person.

tonypaladino
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I was mugged at knifepoint twice outside my highschool, by the same guy, two weeks apart. The second time I told him to F Off and when I went back into the building he was still hangling around outside, so I got the school cop and she arrested him. Dumbass.

As for home invasions-- There is a funeral home two doors up from me, and one night in March some kid apparently was trying to break in through the roof. The owner was in there and called the cops, but he had no roof access through his building, so I had to let the hops in my apartment, and 15 of them ran up to my roof, got the kid, and he was arrested in my kitchen. Fun times.

BoogerFace
10-17-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im quitting this forum now:)

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't you already say that once before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't such a statement (Indy's) grounds for banning?

mmbt0ne
10-17-2005, 02:44 PM
About 2 weeks ago my friends house got broken in to. They took the TV, DVD player, Nintendo, and SNES, but no DVDs or games except for Mortal Kombat, which was in the SNES.

Also, my roommates car got broken into a little bit ago. They took his video camera (he's a film major, pwned) and his backpack. The shitty part is that the cop said that a lot on pre-99 Pontiacs had been broken into lately because somehow a copy of a master key got out, that would open most cars. I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.

Bulldog
10-17-2005, 02:49 PM
No alarm system in that mansion? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

PocketJokers72
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Of course, there's no better security device than a big, territorial dog. Might want to consider it. His alarm is always on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

This once saved my 8-month pregnant wife's life when I was out of town on business. As an added bonus, the cops got there in less than 1 minute, which surprised the heck outta me. They also protect children very well.

"Walk softly and carry an armored tank division I always say."

nothumb
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They actually stole the loose change out of your car? Unless you happened to have a gigantic vat full of quarters in the back seat I must nominate this robbery as the most pitiful one in the thread so far.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me in Chicago, a bum broke in and took a bag with some notebooks in it, and a change holder with maybe six bucks.

Same trip, a guy tried to stick me and a buddy up with a fork. We gave him a dollar cause we felt bad for him.

NT

mmbt0ne
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Happened to me in Chicago, a bum broke in and took a bag with some notebooks in it, and a change holder with maybe six bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, my roommate's car had the ashtray stolen out of it as well.

SittinOnDubsWGW
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, my roommate's car had the ashtray stolen out of it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me as well, only things that were missing was my cologne and the change from my center console. They didn't take the tons of CD's I had in the backseat, any of the audio or anything, just the change and cologne.

I was determined to go out and find a good smelling bum.

imported_The Vibesman
10-17-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that there are only 8-10 different types of keys for every make of car. If you have a Ford Taurus and your buddy does too, there's probably a 10% or higher chance that your keys are interchangeable. This might be wrong. But I think it's right.

I get robbed every time I buy concert tickets. $75 for a show, my ass.

nothumb
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that there are only 8-10 different types of keys for every make of car. If you have a Ford Taurus and your buddy does too, there's probably a 10% or higher chance that your keys are interchangeable. This might be wrong. But I think it's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was more likely to be accurate a few years ago... now with electronic locks, etc, less so, although still possible I guess.

NT

JordanIB
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Our stadium is really small too so that ups the price.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

But so is your population.

TimM
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can top this. My parents had a video game route and I used to go around making the collections. After one stop I saw I somehow left the passenger side door unlocked. I later found that my half dozen or so cassette tapes were gone from the glove box. The huge bank bag filled with quarters I had in the hatchback was untouched.

TimM
10-17-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I used to work for a car dealer, and I would have to cut keys from the code for people who lost them. There are tens of thousands of different keys possible, with several different possible blanks per model, and each car had a unique code.

dibbs
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
Chances are he'd just scalp the tickets, but tell the cops and have em hassle the buyers anyways.

RacersEdge
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that was pretty shitty that Pontiac not only has a master key, but that they somehow allowed it to get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had like an '89 accord and one day I was walking to the parking lot from the library, unlock the door and get in the car , go to start the engine and realize suddenly my car is a lot cleaner inside. Of course, it wasn't my car - just one of many blue accords out there. But very weird.

rohjoh
10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
My house was broken into while I was sleeping. This was back in college, and I had fallen asleep while studing statistics(I do not know how), and woke up when I heard what I thought was my room mate walking on the wood floors. My bedroom door had a slider, which slid open, and a flashlight shone in on my face. I jumped out of bed, picked up the statistics book, about 15 lbs, and hurled it in the direction of the flash light, as I shouted WTF are you doing in here!. The book hit the wall next to the door, and put a large hole in the wall. The would be robber, ran out the front door. Cops never caught the guy.

I bought a rotewiller the next day named Otto. He was a puppy, but grew up to be 125LBS, never had any problems after that.

B Dids
10-17-2005, 03:49 PM
What kind of idiot criminal breaks into an occupied house with a flashlight?

Blarg
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
The choice of being a criminal in the first place often results from a flawed intelligence.

Georgia Avenue
10-17-2005, 04:00 PM
This happened to my parents when I was very young. Some junkies climbed into an open window while we were sleeping and took my grandma's silverware out of a cabinet. How they knew where it was I'll never know. It was in fact the only thing of any value in the house. We woke up as they dropped a bunch of it on the floor scramblin back out. My genius father left the window open a few monthes later and woke up that night to hear them scurrying around like cockroaches in the living room...so he grabs a broom out of the closet and runs out there shouting like they're wild racoons, and of course they go hopping out the window again. My dog slept through both incidents, as did I.

Years later, whenever I got locked out of the house I knew I could climp up onto the back porch roof and go in that window. My family wins the Darwin Award. It's probably unlocked right now if anyone wants a black and white TV or some Junior Mints...

handsome
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
Back when my parents had a house, we were robbed twice. The first time they slim-jimmed a window to get in and took our VCR + some goodies. The second time they pushed in the air conditioner and took jewelry + my cassette player. I was pissed beyond pissed. I think the thieves were the Mexican workers that mowed the grass around the neighborhood.

When I was living on campus, I was robbed of my digital camera, SLR camera and $200 headphones. I'm pretty sure it was one of my roommates.

ethan
10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple years ago some crackhead broke into my roommate's car and ended up taking exactly $3. He left behind a set of tin snips, so if it weren't for the broken window my roommate would have ended up ahead.

Blarg
10-17-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had like an '89 accord and one day I was walking to the parking lot from the library, unlock the door and get in the car , go to start the engine and realize suddenly my car is a lot cleaner inside. Of course, it wasn't my car - just one of many blue accords out there. But very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

That reminds me of the time I came back from the DMV with my new current year's license plate sticker and put it on, yes, an identical blue car a few feet from mine. Funny, the car door wouldn't open. Funnier still, the car was a lot cleaner than mine inside. And funniest of all, there was new stuff in there I had never seen before.

The stickers are virtually impossible to remove without destroying them, too. Boy, did they think that was the stupidest thing they ever heard, back inside, when I went to ask them to print me another sticker. Let me tell ya, when even clerks at the DMV think you're an idiot, you're in bad shape.

d10
10-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Not out of my house but I had my car broken into. Fortunately it happened right as I was getting ready for bed (like 3am) and part of my routine is to take a look at my car just to admire how sexy it is. Turned out this night some other guys were admiring it too, which at first I didn't think much of, cause people stop and check out my car all the time, but then I realized it was 3am and I figured out what was going on. I ran downstairs and grabbed a baseball bat and then ran as fast as I've ever run out my front door. Fortunately they ran faster, I was so pumped on adrenaline I probably would have taken one of their heads clean off with 1 swing and ended up in jail. I launched the bat at the back of their car as they were driving off and cracked the back windshield pretty good. They ran off with my faceplate which cost me $250 to replace but I still had the stereo and about $1500 of additional equipment. But it still pisses me off that none of them were ever arrested or beaten to death. That would have made the $250 all worth it.

But anyways, I know how you feel. I was pissed off and paranoid for like a week after that incident. It sucks.

radek2166
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Yes I was 16 robbed by to black guys around 30ish. Asked me I I wanted to buy a gun, I said no. They stuck me up with that gun for 2 dollars and a watch. I had 50 in my other pocket. Scared the [censored] out of me.

MonkeeMan
10-17-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Back when my parents had a house, we were robbed twice. The first time they slim-jimmed a window to get in and took our VCR + some goodies. The second time they pushed in the air conditioner and took jewelry + my cassette player. I was pissed beyond pissed. I think the thieves were the Mexican workers that mowed the grass around the neighborhood.

When I was living on campus, I was robbed of my digital camera, SLR camera and $200 headphones. I'm pretty sure it was one of my white trash roommates.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

astroglide
10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
i love your avatar

rohjoh
[ QUOTE ]
What kind of idiot criminal breaks into an occupied house with a flashlight?

[/ QUOTE ]

House was on a major street, and parking was in the back. Looked like nobody was home.

d10
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ednacampbell.com/media/pacers/reggie_190_proud.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

B Dids
10-17-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The choice of being a criminal in the first place often results from a flawed intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

The most annoying thing about the guys who broke my car when trying to steal it was mostly that I knew I had been robbed by BAD criminals.

If somebody is going to [censored] me over, I prefer they do it with style and skill.

Jeff W
10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
When I was in high school, some gangbanger kid hit me with a police baton and tried to steal my CD player, but I got away. I was able to indentify him and the cops picked him up. He was expelled from school, but I was never called to testify, so I assume he just received a slap on the wrist.

I should have just tracked him down and beat the [censored] out of him when he was alone and unarmed, but I didn't want to invite reprisals.

Dominic
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I flopped quad Kings and got beat by runner runner Aces.

Diplomat
10-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Been car-jacked twice, never had my home broken into. I live in a condo building with 24-hour security though, so it's pretty unlikely.

Being car-jacked was about the scariest thing to ever happen to me. Nothing like sitting there thinking you have about a %50 chance of survival.

Also, interestingly enough, I lost about $160 from the two robberies combined, despite having considerably more cash on me both times.

-Diplomat

10-17-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting a Rotweiler and a shotgun

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

JaBlue
10-17-2005, 06:00 PM
My trunk got broken into in new york city and there were reasonably nice golf clubs and fishing gear in there. When I got back I found that only my nice old yankees hat was missing, /images/graemlins/mad.gif/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/crazy.gif/images/graemlins/confused.gif

1800GAMBLER
10-17-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my house was broken into Saturday night while I was out. No idea who it could have been. Interesting thing is that the only thing they stole was a few pieces of jewerly and my Colts tickts for the game tonight. I forgot to set the alarm but I'm scared chitless about it. Anybody experience this type of thing? Dam, now I will have to watch the game on TV. I could go to the game and try to find who is sitting in my seat but they prolly won't be the actual thief.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just turn up trying to buy tickets outside the event and look for the ones with your seat number on them? Find 'em, call cops.

mmbt0ne
10-17-2005, 06:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I launched the bat at the back of their car as they were driving off and cracked the back windshield pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much more effective than taking down the license plate number.

mostsmooth
10-17-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but too friggin bad for them. It's called receiving stolen property!
Even if they didn't know, scalping is still illegal in most states.

Contact the Colts, drop the hammer! Give 'em the boot, I say!

[/ QUOTE ]

10-17-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I could go to the game and try to find who is sitting in my seat but they prolly won't be the actual thief.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Contact the police. Give them your seat #s. Go Colts!

wonderwes
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
I hate all thieves.

As I reported my car got broken into last week. Its scary how some people try to break into homes in daylight.

Added question: which home and car security methods you think actually work? ADT alarm for home? Firearms? Certain car alarm? Gotta have that home/renters insurance?

d10
10-18-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I launched the bat at the back of their car as they were driving off and cracked the back windshield pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much more effective than taking down the license plate number.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 3am and my vision isn't perfect. When they made it to their car and started pulling away they were too far away to see a license plate, but within the effective range of a bat.

smokingrobot
10-18-2005, 01:46 AM
i was robbed at gun point once.

10-18-2005, 02:24 AM
I was awoken to a man wearing a bandana over his face sporting a kitchen knife. He stole my PS2, my XBOX, my GameCube, and all my games.

Fun!

Tron
10-18-2005, 03:01 AM
I had a crackhead break my car window one time... BROKE IT! You know what he stole? [censored]' candy bar I had lyin' on the seat. That's all he took! A Goddamn candy bar. I was so mad, I drove around the neighborhood for 5 hours lookin' for a crackhead with chocolate on his face... I did that!

I finally found one, I grabbed the motherfucker and said, "Hey man... What's all this chocolate on your face... MOTHERFUCKER?!?!?"

He looked confused, "Chocolate? This is doo-doo, baby!" I said, "AHHH!!!"

Sponger15SB
10-18-2005, 03:16 AM
Holy [censored], I thought this was completely real until the last part.

Very funny.

Tron
10-18-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], I thought this was completely real until the last part.

Very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose at this point I should attribute it to Dave Chappelle, huh?

Sponger15SB
10-18-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose at this point I should attribute it to Dave Chappelle, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

http://www.anos80.com.br/toni_basil/Over_My_Head.jpg

ok, i'm right about to post this and realize this picture is incredibly [censored] stupid, but I guess that makes it funny? I dunno. Why couldn't I have just searched for a better picture... ok now i'm just rambling.

Tron
10-18-2005, 03:30 AM
That picture is definitely sweet. It sure beats: /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ChipWrecked
10-18-2005, 03:53 AM
I was burglarized in Atlanta once. Cop asked if he took any sodas from my fridge. Yes, and left the fridge door open too, bastard (break in was while I was at work). Cop said this was the guy's trademark, they called him the 'Coca-Cola bandit'.

ackid
10-18-2005, 04:36 AM
Here's my story...

I was at a Getty station late one night getting a tank of gas on rt.22 in New Jersey. All of a sudden some black dude jumps in front of the driver side window, sticks a gun in my face and tells me to get out of the car. I got out and he tells me to give him my wallet. I told him I dont have a wallet. I had about 50$ cash in my pocket but didnt want to give it up. He looked at me for like 2 seconds, his buddy just jacked the attendant for all his cash and was like "com on lets go, man". He gos "move and your dead". Then he jumped in the car with hid buddy and they took off.
I then jumped in my car, the gas pump was still in my tank, and took off. I ripped the hose right out of the pump as I drove away and gas was spewing out everywhere. The guy running the place was chasing after me and cursing at me because I didnt pay for the gas and screwed up his pump.

wacki
10-18-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody experience this type of thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. When I found out who it was I walked into his house and put my knee in his face. The next day the cops showed up at my door laughing. They said I got him real good but they still had to charge me with assault.

DougOzzzz
10-18-2005, 06:33 AM
my car was stolen last January. Sucks to work 3rd shift in downtown Hartford.

chisness
10-18-2005, 06:54 AM
elaborate, this sounds interesting

dcasper70
10-18-2005, 08:36 AM
So what's the word, Indiana? Did you go to the game? Any Police activity?

Update requested....

Indiana
10-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Nah I didnt go. I tried calling the box office for help but no can do. I don't have time to worry about tracking anybody down. Thanks for the concern though.

Indy

astroglide
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have time to worry about tracking anybody down.

[/ QUOTE ]

the next person who gets their house broken into by them will no doubt thank you for this attitude

Talk2BigSteve
10-18-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone attempted to steal my car out of my garage and ended up with two bullets in his chest.

The story is in OOT somewhere but I am too lazy to find it.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

nickey009
10-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I was robbed at gun point....now that's scary!