PDA

View Full Version : I really need feedback on this doubleshootout hand

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 12:48 PM
We are 5 handed with blinds at 50/100

Hero is sb with Ten /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and T1300 chips

Button has T2200 chips and has been playing very loose and aggressive

BB has been very tight, solid and has not slowplayed anything

Action is UTG and UTG+2 folds, button limps, Hero completes and BB checks.

Flop is Ten /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pot size 300

Action: Hero checks, BB checks, Button bets 200, Hero calls, BB folds

Pot size: 700

turn card: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, Button bets 400, Hero moves in for 900

Did I play this correct? Should I have moved in on the flop? I really need your analysis, thank you so much in advance!

10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I fold this preflop. If I saw the flop, I'm raising all in. If you have seen him fire on the turn after getting called on the flop, I like your line.

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
My thinking preflop is, its only 50 more chips to me, my cards are suited and I'm getting 5 to 1 against a predictable opponent (BB) and a loose and aggressive opponent who I can trap if I really like the flop. I flopped top and bottom, but I didn't want to push to hard until I saw the turn, just in case a 9 falls to counterfeit me and there were no real draws out there except for either JQ, 78 or J8. I could of pushed the flop, but when ur 5 handed, you don't get many opportunities to accumulate chips and this was a prime situation.

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 01:33 PM
anyone else care to comment?

jedinite
10-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Calling in this scenario with 5-1 with predictable opponents isn't terrible. I'll make this move occasionally myself in this exact scenario.

Going for a check-raise on the flop is probably the best move, based on your read of the button as loose and agressive, but i would have check-raised all-in on the flop here. I'm looking to get all my money in the middle here and push out any possible draw.

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
So is the general consensus here fold preflop or push all in on the flop?

citanul
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
no, i think the general consensus was "it depends."

c

gp?
10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
i dont think theres anything wrong with how you played it, but i think check raising the flop allin is a better play.

10-17-2005, 02:16 PM
I have no problem with completing pre-flop, assuming you won't go broke with something like TPNK. I check-raise the flop, probably all-in, because any other raise leaves you with too little to matter, and a loose villain will call with tons of hands you dominate. The second-best option seems to be to call and push the turn, but then you're just guessing that his draw won't be completed. What I don't like about the turn check-raise is that you would absolutely hate for the button to check the turn, because half the deck could complete tons of hands on the river, and you'd have no idea where you were at.

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with completing pre-flop, assuming you won't go broke with something like TPNK. I check-raise the flop, probably all-in, because any other raise leaves you with too little to matter, and a loose villain will call with tons of hands you dominate. The second-best option seems to be to call and push the turn, but then you're just guessing that his draw won't be completed. What I don't like about the turn check-raise is that you would absolutely hate for the button to check the turn, because half the deck could complete tons of hands on the river, and you'd have no idea where you were at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my read on the villain was he is loose/aggressive and I've seen him fire on the turn again after his cb's were called on the flop and I just knew he would fire again because he figured he could push me off my hand. But, I like your read about the turn check by villain, which I really didn't think about because I was pretty sure he'd fire once more.

10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Please don't post the same exact thing in two forums.

PennDisc
10-17-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing you lost to either JQ or T8, or a random J that called the raise on the turn and got there. I don't think there can be much in the way of feedback on this hand as it's pretty much straightforward. With stacks this short and just 2 opponents, I can't see any line being wrong that gets all the money in with top and bottom pair. If you're sure he'll bet be glad that you were able to get his money in as 2 pair with a flush draw is far ahead of the hand range for a lag here.

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you lost to either JQ or T8, or a random J that called the raise on the turn and got there. I don't think there can be much in the way of feedback on this hand as it's pretty much straightforward. With stacks this short and just 2 opponents, I can't see any line being wrong that gets all the money in with top and bottom pair. If you're sure he'll bet be glad that you were able to get his money in as 2 pair with a flush draw is far ahead of the hand range for a lag here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, does it matter if I lost or not? I'm just seeing if my play would be considered "best" of other possible ways of playing it. I could of just pushed on the flop for 1200 and almost assured myself of the 300 chips in the pot. Or I could of tried a smallish lead bet only to get called and then push the turn, or I could of check raised all in on the flop after his 2/3 of the pot bet which would of put more than half his stack on the line with a crappy board in which he might just give it up and fold.

In these double shootouts, you don't get too many decent hands, and the ones you do I'm aiming to double up so I have a chance to at least win the thing, not barely survive and end up with 3rd or something. The only two options I felt I could of taken to try and double up was the one I did take, or just pushing all in on the flop after he made a 2/3 of the pot bet.

jedinite
10-17-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only two options I felt I could of taken to try and double up was the one I did take, or just pushing all in on the flop after he made a 2/3 of the pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you feel that check-raising the flop all-in was not a good move?

i think that the CR all-in maximizes the amount you can win here. Top and bottom pair is a very vulnerable hand - someone with top pair NK has a lot more outs thank you think and you really don't want to let them draw on you cheap (or someone with a threeflush, possible straight, etc).

lemonPeel
10-17-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only two options I felt I could of taken to try and double up was the one I did take, or just pushing all in on the flop after he made a 2/3 of the pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you feel that check-raising the flop all-in was not a good move?

i think that the CR all-in maximizes the amount you can win here. Top and bottom pair is a very vulnerable hand - someone with top pair NK has a lot more outs thank you think and you really don't want to let them draw on you cheap (or someone with a threeflush, possible straight, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this hand, the more I like how you would have played it. thanks, I'm going to tuck this into my memory for future reference about top and bottom pair. I really like pushing the flop now after reading all the suggestions and comments.