PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HU on turbo SNGs

Toddy
10-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else hate that you play great all game to get to heads up only to have to go all in w/ Q7 vs K3? Seems like sometimes the blinds are so high and there's only 15K chips in play and you have to make your move with these hands.

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
if this bothers you, i'd say turbos are not for you.

SCfuji
10-17-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
turbos are not for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric Draven
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
That's just how turbos are, some people actually like it a lot because

A) They believe they have a larger edge
B) It's an adrenaline rush

10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else hate that you play great all game to get to heads up only to have to go all in w/ Q7 vs K3? Seems like sometimes the blinds are so high and there's only 15K chips in play and you have to make your move with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]I imagine the people that really hate it don't play the turbos.

pineapple888
10-17-2005, 04:08 PM
I love it because many other players don't understand this concept, which gives me an edge.

10-17-2005, 04:17 PM
OP.

It sounds like poker is not for you, lol!

Bluff Daddy
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I like it b/c that means my decision is either push/fold and then I go make the same decision at 7 other tables

valenzuela
10-17-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it b/c that means my decision is either push/fold and then I go make the same decision at 7 other tables

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it..I simply love SNGS!!!! if you whine about it then play other form of poker, not that hard really

Toddy
10-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Okay i think you got the wrong impression or my post came out wrong.. I love SNG's too, its just that w/ turbos i think you can play well all game and then when it comes to heads up its a crapshoot.. Didn't mean for the post to sound whiney.

tonypaladino
10-18-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay i think you got the wrong impression or my post came out wrong.. I love SNG's too, its just that w/ turbos i think you can play well all game and then when it comes to heads up its a crapshoot.. Didn't mean for the post to sound whiney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why play the turbos if you don't like them?

TruFloridaGator
10-18-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't tend to think it's a crapshoot HU. Even with high blinds, mix in a strategic limp w/ a monster or an occasional mercy fold in the SB. Obviously you don't want to miss huge +EV pushes every SB, but that doesn't mean you can't play a bit differently to help yourself win. Not to mention it may seem like a crapshoot over a short period of time, but you should be pulling out a decent edge even if it seemingly looks ugly during a bad run.

10-18-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't tend to think it's a crapshoot HU. Even with high blinds, mix in a strategic limp w/ a monster or an occasional mercy fold in the SB. Obviously you don't want to miss huge +EV pushes every SB, but that doesn't mean you can't play a bit differently to help yourself win. Not to mention it may seem like a crapshoot over a short period of time, but you should be pulling out a decent edge even if it seemingly looks ugly during a bad run.

[/ QUOTE ]