PDA

View Full Version : KTd in the cutoff (is this a raise or fold preflop?)

ddcpr
06-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Loose 3-6 game online. I'm dealt KTd in the cutoff. One EP limper, player to my right raises, I call (should I have reraised or folded here? Or is a cold call ok?), button and blinds call, EP calls. 6 handed flop.

Flop:
Kc 5c 8c

All check to me, I bet, button and preflop raiser call.

Turn:
Kc 5c 8c (2h)

Checked to me, I bet, button raises, preflop raiser calls, I fold.

What did button have? What did preflop raiser have? Comments on my play?

Results to come.

ddcpr
06-01-2003, 07:37 PM
River came Qd. Preflop raiser had JcJh. Button had Kh9c and took the pot.

This result annoyed me because I would have outkicked the button, but when I'm raised and there's one caller in front of my how can I call with 3 clubs on the board?

Your Mom
06-01-2003, 07:43 PM
Assuming the raiser is normal, I fold it every time. The reason is because of the situation you describe. It is a tough situation where you really don't know where you are. There are much better hands to wait for that you can 3 bet with.

JTG51
06-01-2003, 07:52 PM
I think you options preflop should be fold or fold, assuming the raiser has reasonable preflop raising standards. Heck, even if he's making an isolation raise with KJ you are dominated.

If you had KTo would you have even thought about playing? I hope not, and being suited certainly isn't enough to make an easy fold into a possible 3-bet.

Bob T.
06-01-2003, 11:26 PM
I usually play this hand for a raise in this position, if there are one or two limpers to me, call with more limpers, and fold if there was a raise in front of me.

ohkanada
06-02-2003, 05:10 PM
I don't think KTs is good enough to coldcall a raiser after 1 limper. As you saw hitting top pair cost you a small and big bet and then you bailed.

Ken Poklitar