PDA

View Full Version : Sessions

10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
I was wondering what most of you do to determine when to close the session. 1.) Leave after your buyin is gone? 2. After 8-12 hours is up(always no matter what)? or 3. When your up a certian amount?

I would like to know. The last couple of sessions I have been good but I'll get up $200 in the first 3-4 hours. then only leave with about $100 after a 8-9 hour session.

hobbsmann
10-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Stop when you no longer think you are playing your A game. I've played live sessions for over 16 hours where I felt like I had an edge the whole time, but also played sessions online where I quit after < 1 hour because I felt I wasn't playing well. So conclusion session length depends on your current mind state and ability to continue to play well.

Nick Royale
10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop when you no longer think you are playing your A game. I've played live sessions for over 16 hours where I felt like I had an edge the whole time, but also played sessions online where I quit after < 1 hour because I felt I wasn't playing well. So conclusion session length depends on your current mind state and ability to continue to play well.

[/ QUOTE ]
And the quality of the tables...

10-17-2005, 12:29 PM
For me the most important considerations (in order of importance 1) Would I rather be doing something else (or have to go to sleep or wahatever) 2) Are the games good 3) Am I playing well