PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of moving to Vegas.....

David
06-01-2003, 05:00 PM
I am thinking about it. I own my own business and my youngest child will be gone in two years. I will have the opportunity to sell my business at that time. I won't be able to retire because I am only 41, but I will have enough that I will pay cash for a home and have no debt. I will work and play poker part time. Vegas a good choice? I have family in California and Vegas is alot closer than Texas. Tell me why I shouldn't or should move there. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Howard Burroughs
06-01-2003, 07:22 PM
Well like most places, some people love living in Vegas. For some it's a living hell though.

Me? I love the place. I've been here since 1995 and am glad we made the move (from Florida).

A few of the things I like..........

10) More poker rooms (24) then any other city in the world. Most of these rooms only spread low limits (below 10-20), but these low limit games are VERY beatable.

9) Home of the World Series of Poker.

8) Home of 2+2

7) The weather is great.

6) Short drive from California, Arizona & Utah.

5) Hiking Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon & Valley of Fire.

4) Exploring the ghost towns of central Nevada!

3) Endless buffets.

2) What other state can you catch a sunrise at Area 51, a businessman's lunch at Cheetahs and put a bad beat on a grumpy local Mirage 10-20 regular all in the same day?

1) Maybe you'll have a chance meeting with Sklansky while he's buying chips at the Bellagio chip counter.

Where ever you wind up, good luck.

Best of Luck

Howard

Jimbo
06-01-2003, 07:37 PM
"1) Maybe you'll have a chance meeting with Sklansky while he's buying chips at the Bellagio chip counter."

I have a question for you Howard. Why is Sklansky always seen buying chips but never spotted cashing them in? Does he hoard them in case of a clay shortage? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

scalf
06-02-2003, 08:12 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif howard...11. do not fergit: you might get to see a hand mason loses...you never will hear about it on this forum..lol

gr8 post mr. burroughs..keep em coming.... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Tyler Durden
06-02-2003, 08:43 AM
I guess it was your turn to do the obligatory tell-me-why-I-shouldn't-go-pro monthly post.

Seriously though, best of luck if you try it. I couldn't imagine living in Vegas year-round. But what do I know.

David
06-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Not looking to go "pro". Just thinking about a move.

CMP
06-02-2003, 12:15 PM
FWIW...

A friend of mine's parents had a home built out there about 4 years ago for their coming retirement.

Within those 4 years, what was once the boonies is now a close-by suburb, and their home has approximately doubled in value. They're considering doing it all again (selling this house, moving out to what's now the boonies).

Fastest growing city in the country...

CMP