PDA

View Full Version : 4-handed against Loose players

Supern
10-17-2005, 07:14 AM
I play against players that are very loose and a raise will usually not fold the blinds.
And if I bet on the flop after my raise they almost NEVER folds to that bet.

I'm used to play against decent opponents that play decent poker so I have a hard time adjusting.

These loose opponents calls alot but also bluffs some (not alot).
When they bet they usually bet pot size or more.
They very seldom bluff raises a bet.
If I check they try to bluff quite frequently.
They play 90% of their hands.

Is this how you handle these opponents (generally speaking):
1. Raise with fewer hands. Mainly pairs and AX and the best K hands. Hands that can win unimproved.
2. Bet any pair or A-high headsup on the flop. Reevaluate on the turn if called.
3. Bet top and second pair if multiway on the flop.
4. Very few slowplays. Only nut or close to nut hands.
5. Almost no bluffs.
6. Because they bet potsize the drawing hands aren't playable.

The raise with fewer hands may be completely wrong. Because they play as many hands as they do, I have an equity edge with alot of hands with a raise. But the problem is that after the flop it's very hard to know if you have them beat or not. And I usually get at least 2 callers even if I raise 4-5 times the BB.

TreyOfLight
10-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Play more hands (not less) against loose, bad players. They are the definition of implied odds, so try to limp your suited connectors and small pairs. They're eager to play in raised pots with subpar holdings, so raise your par holdings to punish them.

Against excessive callers who won't raise much, you may want to experiment with very frequent, small bets (around half pot). The kind of player you describe will have a hard time adjusting.