PDA

View Full Version : my first 800 sngs at the 55s

10-17-2005, 05:04 AM
i wanted some feedback from players at the 55s and above about my first 800sngs....i moved from playing 3/6 full ring(i pulled only 1bb/100 throught 40k hands or so)........in the sngs i have a 19% roi and only 39.6.....i think i can do better......i want to move up to the 109s really soon....does anyone agree with the move up or would i just get killed at the 109s......experienced 55s and up players prefered...thx in advance

quinn
10-17-2005, 05:15 AM
I've played about 2.5k 55s on party. At one point, I moved up to the 109s. It took me about 30 minutes to realize that my ROI was going to plummet there..and I moved back to the 55s (this was based on merely observing the play at a few tables and might be wrong)

psyduck
10-17-2005, 05:32 AM
delete this brag thread, as idiots who claim that they have "only" a 19% ROI at the 55s obviously haven't read the FAQ or the 5 quintillion other posts on this topic.

10-17-2005, 08:02 AM
i assure you this is not a brag.....while im proud that iam winning...i know this is the bottom of the spectrum....i simply want to know what others think about me moving up based on my roi and itm stats....trust me the only thing that i have to brag about when it comes to poker is that im not making weekly deposits from my bank act....

The4Aces
10-17-2005, 08:18 AM
you suck. period

unreal_nh
10-17-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i assure you this is not a brag.....while im proud that iam winning...i know this is the bottom of the spectrum....i simply want to know what others think about me moving up based on my roi and itm stats....trust me the only thing that i have to brag about when it comes to poker is that im not making weekly deposits from my bank act....

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell do you think people are going to say?? gahh... idiot.

The4Aces
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM
seriously its not hard to form your own oppinion. There are tons of post like this one. It should be easy to pic up what the gernal consensus of the board would be.

vabogee
10-17-2005, 08:33 AM
how are we supposed to know if you're ready to...bah, never mind!

kevstreet
10-17-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i assure you this is not a brag.....i know this is the bottom of the spectrum

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you this is certainly not at the bottom of the spectrum. Nice numbers!

fnord_too
10-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I haven't played too many 109's yet, I ran really bad when I tried them and I have to take a lot of money out, so my bankroll grows slowly. From the couple hundred I played, they looked tougher, but not a whole lot tougher. You know the 55's where you end up at the 100/200 level with 6-7 players left? Expect to see those types of games a higher percentage of the time. (Basically, from what I could tell, there were less people throwing their money away in the early levels).

800 STT's is not that many. 19% is great, but believe me it can change a lot pretty quickly (not saying it will, but if you haven't had any 30 buy in downswings or long periods of running bad, well, don't let them get you too down when they come, they are inevitable). (I am dreading looking at my ROI after this weekend, 11 sets of 8 and down 7ish buy ins, those little 100 STT in the red series just kill ROI).

How many tables do you play? If 4, you may want to try upping the number of tables. (I figure playing 8 costs me 2-6% ROI, very hard to quantify, but I definitely know it costs me.)

At any rate, you will probably do OK at the 109's, but possibly make less per hour than you do at the 55's for a while. (Lower ROI, longer average tourney length). You certainly should be a winning player there.

10-17-2005, 10:31 AM
thx for that last post....thats legit...eff all u other fxgxxs talkin sxxt....

Mr_J
10-17-2005, 10:45 AM
They said that because you're either bragging, or don't have an idea of what sort of results are good. 19% at the 55s is very good, and much better than the average $55er here. Course you could be (and probally are) running hot, and even after 800 tournies your ROI won't be that accurate. All anyone can really say is that your results so far are very good. Just keep playing.

runner4life7
10-17-2005, 01:52 PM
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.