View Full Version : Thinking about moving to Hollywood and becoming a whore

10-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Anyone experience the site? How many tables can you play and what is going to piss me off the most about there site and bonus clearing? They give you a year to clear, .07 in points for every .10 cents in rake. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Any info on this journey appreciated.

KKbluff
10-17-2005, 05:00 AM
Just PM MrMcVicker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sendprivate.php?Cat=&User=42089&Board=bonus&Number =&what=ubbthreads&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fp art=&vc=)

He knows LITERALLY knows ALL there is to know about bonus whoring.

10-17-2005, 06:18 AM
im new but, something smells fishy, feel a check raise coming

10-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm disappointed. It turns out that this thread has nothing to do with prostitution or famous actors.

krimson
10-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Nice subject title.

Overdrive
10-17-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is going to piss me off the most about there site and bonus clearing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hollywood Poker (Pokeroom skins) have just about the highest most obnoxious rake around, the bonus clears very slowly at lower limits. If that doesn't piss you off then enjoy.

lumpy19
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone experience the site? How many tables can you play and what is going to piss me off the most about there site and bonus clearing? They give you a year to clear, .07 in points for every .10 cents in rake. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Any info on this journey appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4 I believe it's basically 50% rakeback. The ability to get more than 1pt/hand is nice and the $50 increments are also nice because it doesn't commit you to clearing the whole thing.

I wouldn't do this below 2/4 and you can play 4 tables at a time, IF you have 4 tables open you can get on waiting lists and join more, the most I've played is 8, not sure if you can go higher or not.

10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Very disappointed in the content of this thread.

deepsquat
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Id stear clear after reading this:

http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14701

Pog0
10-18-2005, 01:32 AM
The problem with PR and skins is that if you want to play anything above 1/2, you're going to have trouble with game selection (sometimes there are 0-2 3/6 games going and never more than 4, up to 4 5/10 games, and then 1 10/20, and 1 25/50 typically, with 5-16 1/2 games depending on the time of day and weekday).

10-18-2005, 04:45 AM
That messed up. Horrible CS. Kind of let's you know why they have to offer such a huge sign up bonus. That Craig kid seem's legit. If it sounds to good to be true...
Thanks for the post on HP. Sterrin clear of this one. That James Wood's is a punk anyway.

big show
10-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I have played ten tables at a time on Hollywood. It is a soft site. Nice features: hotkeys, awarding bonuses in increments, quick cash-outs,non sticky bonuses... The bonuses have been easy to clear.
No I do not work for Hollywood.

vulturesrow
10-19-2005, 01:32 AM
watch out for hugh grant and eddie murphy. otherwise dont kiss the johns.

steamboatin
10-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Okay, you are the same guy as the OP in the BW thread.

Mackerel
10-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks for posting this link. I was just about to sign-up at Hollywood to take a shot at that $10k bonus, but I think I'll pass now.

Mack

10-22-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Id stear clear after reading this:

http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14701

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read through this entire thread (kind of a chore because of all the flaming crap) you'll see that Hollywood thinks the OP (of that thread, not this one) was getting chips dumped to him. I kind of think they're wrong but we don't have the full information.

Here's a big picture argument. I'm an American and in the U.S. online poker may or may not be completely legal. No online poker player has ever been prosecuted for playing and I'd like to keep it that way. If poker rooms don't try to stop chip dumping (basically money laundering) then the U.S. Congress might start thinking they need to screw with online poker and I'd prefer they didn't. I think the OP in the linked thread might have been screwed over but he's the only person I've read about.

Some people might not like Hollywood poker but I've only seen one person complain that they've actually been robbed by them. Personally I couldn't care less that Hollywood celebrities play there unless they happen to be at my table and I get to crush them but their large % recurring reloads are pretty nice. There are better offers out there right now on the same network, so I'm clearing those first, but I can count on them being there when I finish those others up. And hey, they were such good sports about me depositing my money and yanking it right back out when a better deal came along (pretty fast cashout too).

10-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah, the terms of that big 10k signup bonus seem to have changed and now it's 20x pts. Might be better to stick with their standard 1k, 500% match bonus at 15x pts instead since they offer reloads at exactly the same rate every month or so anyway.