PDA

View Full Version : So what is fair here?

ggbman
10-17-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm taking a cab back from Logan airport to Bentley college. The driver get disoriented for a bit on the way back with the meter running. The Cab ride comes to $73, and it was $50 on the way there. I ask him to give me a break since he ran up the meter while lost, he bitches a bit and says he can let me pay $70. Are you tipping him?

manpower
10-17-2005, 03:39 AM
[censored] no.

daryn
10-17-2005, 03:40 AM
$70 that's that.

wow man next time call me up, i do it for $40

daryn
10-17-2005, 03:41 AM
we shouldn't even be tipping cab drivers anway. just tell me how much i owe you buddy. i pay you X dollars and you drive me to where i want to go.

Bukem_
10-17-2005, 03:41 AM
Tell him it was $50 on the way there, and you are happy to tip a $50 fare.

DeadMoneyOC
10-17-2005, 03:43 AM
73$ is average dude! The cabs coming back from the airport always get you. In my time at bentley I have spent like a [censored] grand on cabs dude. I [censored] you not! Did you get my text message yesterday?

ggbman
10-17-2005, 03:43 AM
I thought it was pretty [censored], and i just general dont bitch about this stuff. When i got to MN, my cabby couldn't find Jay's house, and without me asking, he bumped the fair from $40 to $30 because he was lost for a while. I tipped him $10 for the cab ride. I am generally a very generous tipper, but i was pretty appalled that he wouldnt cut me a break, he gave bullshit excuses like it was a different cab company the first time and he still used gas, etc...

Jesus, it's a [censored] cab ride, it;s his job to know the way.

Blarg
10-17-2005, 03:44 AM
Hell no. I've seen cabbies do this before, and I'm sure it's often not done by accident.

Regardless, there's no kind of sense in making passengers pay for time ticking away while the cabby is lost either accidentally or on purpose. And I think getting lost and running up your tab is the exact definition of what you do to not deserve a tip.

These guys can cost you a ton of money with that crap, and it's just plain wrong.

Malachii
No, I wouldn't tip him.

Exitonly
tips for cab drivers now is bogus.. a lot of them are private (lease the car) anyway..

that's rough though, definitely no tip since he's refusing to lower it a bit.

ggbman
Yeah dude, how was foxwoods? And the problem i had was that he got lost. He wasted my time and charged me for it. The girl who drove me there got me there for $50 and in much less time.

Malachii
10-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Did you tip him?

DeadMoneyOC
10-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Maybe I just suck at life because everytime I come back from the airport its pretty much 80$. Last year some very strange super freaky lady picked me up to drive me to the airport for thanksgiving and I decided I was going to pay her 40 and that was that...weirdest thing ever. We werent even in a cab, it was just some POS station wagon. I probably wont do that again...

Foxwoods was AWESOME. best night of junior year by far!. I went with samir and bobby. we got there at about 7 and left at midnight, came back and starting POUNDING BEERS until 7 dude. NO JOKE! I will tell you more tommorow or something...it was intense. Im going to sleep now though. im beat. voy a llamarte manana guey. LATER