PDA

View Full Version : I want my $

Crimson
10-17-2005, 02:36 AM
Chick owes me 90$, wont pay up.

We're on a team, and we go to Vegas for a competition (I live in Cali). We're all friends, hangout outside of practice etc... and she looses a piece of equipment before the competition, so I loan her the 90$ needed to purchase a new one. I tell her she can either pay me back, or give me the object in question after the competition because mine was getting old and i needed a new one.

We get back, team disbands, we're all still friends but now she wont answer my calls, show up to parties that i'm at, totally avoiding me.

That was 2 months ago. 3 weeks ago I called her and (BS'ed) told her I was gonna take her to small claimes court if she didnt pay up. I dont really care about the 90$, her response is what bothers me, ya know, the whole pricinple of the thang. After I do that, she gives one of my friends a 30 check, and says she'll give me one next friday (which didn't come).

Its not that she doesnt have the cash, because she goes out to bars with other friends of mine and see's movies etc.

How do I get my freakin cash.

tonypaladino
10-17-2005, 02:38 AM
I suggest you make her work it off in your hookah bar.

Crimson
10-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Man, your wit is impressive. Cant stand it.

YSSCKY

mason55
Since you really went out of your way to avoid posting the specifics of the situation (ie what sort of team, what was the object, why is it co-ed) I think that now you have to tell us what exactly you're talking about.

ThaSaltCracka
You and her are not friends, she just made it seem like she was friends with her. My advice, forget the $90 and just don't [censored] with her anymore. Move on bro.

Jules22
10-17-2005, 02:42 AM
what are you gonna do, beat her up? youre just screwed, quit being cheap, forget about it, and if you ever see her tell her to eat your [censored]

Crimson
10-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Alright, hip-hop competition, and it was a jacket.

The Truth
10-17-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice? Quit going to dance competitions.

<font color="white"> sorry, somebody had to do it.</font>

blake

Malachii
10-17-2005, 02:46 AM
She obviously has low self esteem and no character. Just shrug it off. Disdain the things you cannot have.

The Truth
10-17-2005, 02:47 AM
I felt bad about my first post, so here is a real one.

Go to her house, and still her [censored]. game over.

-blake

The Truth
10-17-2005, 02:48 AM
I just realized you and this girl are the same size cause you can fit in her jacket, so i guess its fair to fight her as well.

So, just hit her i guess.

-blake

Bukem_
She is a selfish bitch. Money gone.

The Truth
I suggest using ali's anchor punch.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what are you gonna do, beat her up? youre just screwed, quit being cheap, forget about it, and if you ever see her tell her to eat your [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think this situation qualifies as "being cheap".

GuyOnTilt
10-17-2005, 02:51 AM
http://www.nndb.com/people/681/000086423/chazz-1.jpg

GoT

Jules22
10-17-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, but i have a cavalier attitude about money sometimes. 60 bucks just doesnt seem worth getting worked up over

Crimson
10-17-2005, 02:52 AM
thought it made more sense for the story, but naw, got it from Nordsrtom and figured i'd return it at home.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, but i have a cavalier attitude about money sometimes. 60 bucks just doesnt seem worth getting worked up over

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not the money, it's the principle. being pissed about getting stiffed on a loan made in good faith is perfectly valid.

Exitonly
10-17-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest using ali's anchor punch.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, i agree.

And just keep annoying her about it, she'll get fed up and giv eyou the money soon enough.

(Hiphop dancing, like in the movie Honey? because jessica alba is freaking amazingly hot in that movie.. Mmm Jessica Alba)

[censored]
10-17-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, hip-hop competition

[/ QUOTE ]

See now this is something that would be unique and intesting to read about. I can understand though why you wouldn't want to.

Crimson
10-17-2005, 02:58 AM
This is where my anger came from. I dont give a F about the 60 bucks, I just think some 25 year old girl should be able to pay up, or if she cant, try to make it up somehow (not sexually OOT) .

UCF THAYER
10-17-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is where my anger came from. I dont give a F about the 60 bucks, I just think some 25 year old girl should be able to pay up, or if she cant, try to make it up somehow (not sexually OOT) .

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

Aces McGee
10-17-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really care about the 90$

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your post title is "I want my $" and the last line of your post is "How do I get my freakin cash". It's pretty clear that you care about the 90 bucks.

-McGee

HopeydaFish
10-17-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how old you are. When I was in high school, $60 was meaningful. Now I lose $60 by making a misclick on my mouse and I shrug and say "meh".

ononimo
10-17-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how old you are. When I was in high school, $60 was meaningful. Now I lose $60 by making a misclick on my mouse and I shrug and say "meh".

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it also depends on how you lose it - whether through your own error or through someone else's thievery.

HopeydaFish
10-17-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. The OP obviously feels like a chump, which anyone would in the same circumstances.

I once stopped being friends with a guy because he refused to honour a $20 Super Bowl bet. The $20 was meaningless to me, what pissed me off was the feeling that he had so little respect for me that he didn't feel the need to pay me what was owed.

ripdog
10-17-2005, 10:34 AM
You guys are not friends. I would not have bluffed about the small claims court--you look like a total wuss when you don't follow through. $90 is squat in the long run. Move on and don't give this twat a second thought.

wdcbooks
10-17-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh... You got served.

swede123
10-17-2005, 11:45 AM
I can't believe no one has brought this up yet. You wear the same size jacket as a girl? WTF?

Swede

10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm guessing a lot of us have had similar things happen. For me, it wasn't just the money, it was the fact that someone I'd trusted betrayed me. They essentially told me what I thought was a close relationship didn't mean squat to them. That I wasn't worth their consideration. They were willing to simply, and selfishly, toss everything aside.

I say good riddance. Better you learned now than some time when the cost, $ or otherwise, could be considerably higher.

M2d
10-17-2005, 12:00 PM
this thread begs for a hot chick pic.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 12:04 PM
$90? That's nothing dude. It wouldnt even be worth my time to reach down and pick it up if I saw it on the ground.

Find better stuff to do with your time,
Indy

kyro
10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$90? That's nothing dude. It wouldnt even be worth my time to reach down and pick it up if I saw it on the ground.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do all you morons automatically assume everyone has as much money as you do. $90 IS a lot of money to some of us, whether you idiots want to believe it or not.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 12:57 PM
If you've found this website then I assume you know about that game I will not mention. In that game, $90 is hardly much $.

Indy

kyro
10-17-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you've found this website then I assume you know about that game I will not mention. In that game, $90 is hardly much $.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

you really are stupid aren't you. do you have any idea how many people there are on this site right now playing at .25/.50. Not everyone is a MHNL pro.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
At .25/.50 NL $90 is less than a single nights work.

Indy

kyro
10-17-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At .25/.50 NL $90 is less than a single nights work.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant the limit players. But even so, how you can say a single night's work isn't important to someone is beyond me.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I play NL bro, and not .25/.5 and my point was that making a post for $90 and even wasting your time and energy worrying about something so small is silly.

Indy

kyro
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play NL bro, and not .25/.5 and my point was that making a post for $90 and even wasting your time and energy worrying about something so small is silly.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what your friggin point was. My point was IT'S NOT SO SMALL AND SILLY TO SOME PEOPLE. Was that easier to understand?

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
indy, go [censored] yourself. its a lot of money to some people.

Indiana
10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Yah yah, I'm just saying to the OP that he shouldn't worry himself about this....Its no big deal.

Indy

imported_anacardo
10-17-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one has brought this up yet. You wear the same size jacket as a girl? WTF?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone's a proud Viking warrior, Swede.

MonkeeMan
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-17-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his point is, it is not worth losing a friend over $90. Why d'you have to be so belligerent about it, he's not said anything too offensive. I be pissed about the money as well, but not for the financial ramifications.

I know what your friggin point was. My point was IT'S NOT SO SMALL AND SILLY TO SOME PEOPLE. Was that easier to understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

gorie
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny03.jpg
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny05.jpg
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny07.jpg
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny10.jpg
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny14.jpg

kyro
10-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh goody, now you've tracked me to OOT to annoy me.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure that wasn't his point. I think you should reread his first post in this thread.

Stellastarr
10-17-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh... You got served.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me too it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

B Dids
10-17-2005, 01:45 PM
OMG I totally believe you.

I'm pretty sure that even the most high rollinest people in the forum would A- pick up 90 bucks that they found on the ground B- be pissed if somebody owed them money and didn't pay.

I'm very happy that you have a lot of money though, that must make you feel very good about yourself. Perhaps you could include a screenshot of your bankstatments if you'd like to impress us further.

Notorious G.O.B.
10-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Do I know you?

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OMG I totally believe you.

I'm pretty sure that even the most high rollinest people in the forum would A- pick up 90 bucks that they found on the ground B- be pissed if somebody owed them money and didn't pay.

I'm very happy that you have a lot of money though, that must make you feel very good about yourself. Perhaps you could include a screenshot of your bankstatments if you'd like to impress us further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better, just post pictures of your Colts tickets...oh, my bad. Seriously though, Indiana, actually coming out and saying that $90 isn't worth picking up pretty much reeks of assholeishness.

Swede

Ulysses
10-17-2005, 01:52 PM
If you want respect, you've got to take it.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001MMGC2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

swede123
10-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Diablo is on to something. Challenge the ho to a dance-off. Winner gets the magic technicolor coat in question, loser has to leave town.

Swede

10-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Didn't Indy post pics of his casa for we of OOT to bid on? I was sooooo impressed with it. It has a pool and a BMW (Bimmer, Bemmer, whatever) parked out front. And it was soooooo reasonably priced as I remember.

There were days (70's - 80's) when I pissed off $90 on crap I won't bother describing. It meant absolutely nada. If I didn't have at least 4 Ben Franklins in my pockets, it meant I hadn't left the house yet.

Then the bust came. I learned just exactly how much $90 can mean. It meant I had the lights, gas or phone shut off. It meant more than I'd ever dreamed.

It means, today, I understand "There but for the Grace of God go I."

Sponger15SB
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
include a screenshot of your bankstatments if you'd like to impress us

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8391/wellsfargo7kw.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wellsfargo7kw.jpg)

I am the anti bill gates.

wayabvpar
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Nice work, Gorie. Although I don't think you are old enough to remember that movie!

B Dids
10-17-2005, 02:22 PM
In every sense this is too small.

M2d
10-17-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yah yah, I'm just saying to the OP that he shouldn't worry himself about this....Its no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's not that much money to you, why don't you just send him $90 and be done with it?

B Dids
10-17-2005, 02:34 PM
This is a fantastic idea.

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 02:34 PM
well 6K isnt as much as some people on this forum have in their accounts but it will tide you over for a while. just go easy on the blow.

daryn
10-17-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well 6K isnt as much as some people on this forum have in their accounts but it will tide you over for a while. just go easy on the blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that 6k is a loan

Voltron87
10-17-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that 6k is a loan

[/ QUOTE ]

so sponger is loaning it to someone and earning interest on it? even better.

gorie
10-17-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice work, Gorie. Although I don't think you are old enough to remember that movie!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i suppose i was only 5 when it came out, but i saw it a lot growing up. "i want my two dollars!!!!" - who can forget that ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Richie Rich
10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ooooh... You got served.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. I was wondering how many posts it would take until the obvious answer popped up.

J.A.Sucker
10-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Two dollars... I want my two dollars!!!!

http://www.dvd-forum.at/neuigkeiten/cover/better-off-dead.jpg

Gonzoman
10-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Give him a call...
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/TechNews/Michetti/2003/10/16/furio.jpg

Klepton
10-18-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

this should be the standard reply to any "someone owes me money" thread.

CourtesyFlush
10-18-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, very nice