PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Drinks

10-17-2005, 02:13 AM
One person is filling thier cup with a drink at a fountain station. Okay to fill your cup with ice and proceed to start filling with pop before they are done?

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One person is filling thier cup with a drink at a fountain station. Okay to fill your cup with ice and proceed to start filling with pop before they are done?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course.

tonypaladino
10-17-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Using the word "pop" is not okay.

TheMainEvent
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK here's how this works. There are 4-5 soda dispensers on each side of the ice dispenser. You can only fill up if the drink you desire is on the opposite side of his or hers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pop > soda

TheMainEvent
10-17-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soda < pop

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we please NOT have this discussion?

tonypaladino
10-17-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pop > soda

[/ QUOTE ]

ok skippy. go have a pop on the back porch while you mentally undress your cousin.

ononimo
10-17-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK here's how this works. There are 4-5 soda dispensers on each side of the ice dispenser. You can only fill up if the drink you desire is on the opposite side of his or hers.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree - one's right to privacy does not extend to soda dispensers at fast food restaurants. as long as i can get to the dispenser without impeding the person already using it, i'm going for it.

TheMainEvent
10-17-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree - one's right to privacy does not extend to soda dispensers at fast food restaurants. as long as i can get to the dispenser without impeding the person already using it, i'm going for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a valid stance but I think it's a little awkward if you have to lean way over to get to it, basically obligating the other person to move over.

manpower
10-17-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the answer, especially in fast food. I mean, come on... it's freakin' fast food.

Blarg
10-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Sure, it's fine. I'd say it's even necessary. One guy hogging the soda area while he gazes about blankly, etc, or just sticks his butt in everybody's way is discourteous and a grandstand play, like when people stand right at the elevator entrance, top of the stairs, or exit of the escalators when they come out. I hate this crap.

Get your stuff and get out, and as long as nobody jostles you and you don't jostle anyone else, then everyone's being cool. Any place where you get your own refills is not a formal place, and you can't expect, I dunno, a big apron of privacy around you or whatever, just that nobody leans their groin into you or suchlike.

I'd give people more room as a courtesy if I had a cold or something. Nobody wants to or deserves to be impregnated with your cooties.

Some people absolutely live to impose the horror of their personalities on others, though, so there's no way you won't get a negative reaction once in a while if some self-appointed royalty feels you are imposing your ignoble self upon their dominion.

daveymck
10-17-2005, 09:15 AM
If you ask for a can of soda over here I think you would be met with blank looks, a can of pop on the other hand everyone would know what you meant.

Its a bit of a chip and crisp type thing, as fopr a bag of chips and people would think you were mentally disturbed, unless you were in the chip shop and were getting fish with them.

pokerdirty
10-17-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

soda < pop

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we please NOT have this discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

pop vs soda (http://www.popvssoda.com/)