PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

Tron
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Most of my friends from high school are Freshmen in college this year (We are in the same class, but I am a Sophomore because I went to college early). Already we are getting pretty excited for a reunion road trip next summer.

So far we are pretty much just planning to spend 2 or 3 weeks going all across the country. We don't have a schedule, nor do we plan to.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any important tips or destinations necessary for a successful road trip, or if anyone has any good stories involving road trips of their own.

TheBlueMonster
10-17-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or if anyone has any good stories involving road trips of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]
a [censored] defensive tactic? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tron
10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or if anyone has any good stories involving road trips of their own.

[/ QUOTE ]
a [censored] defensive tactic? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a secondary purpose, yes, but I think/hope that this could actually inspire some good stories and discussion.

lighterjobs
10-17-2005, 01:02 AM
just drive, man.

JaBlue
10-17-2005, 01:04 AM
my dad told me a story about a road trip he took with his family when he was 12.

The family is going cross country and somehow a contest develops between him and his two younger sisters to see who can get the best tan. Every time they are at a stop he jumps out with his lawn chair and sits in the parking lot under the sun. his sisters do this too. How he won the contest, though, was because he figured out which side of the car to sit on at what time depending where they were travelling. As the sun rose he would make sure to get half his body as much sun as possible and, when his sister would notice this, she'd beg to switch sides with him. He would acquiesce to the proposal when the sun set and get the rest of the half of the day.