PDA

View Full Version : A question for Mat and others about new mod policy

BottlesOf
10-17-2005, 12:00 AM
So with [censored] banning people he doesn't like or people who are generally annoying and piss people off, I'm wondering if this is accepted accross 2+2? There are people who pop up from time to itme in B&M who may not be full fledged trolls, but they act like idiots and most people dislike them. I feel like if these people were in OOT [censored] would ban them, so can I ban them?

[censored]
10-17-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So with [censored] banning people he doesn't like or people who are generally annoying and piss forum people off, I'm wondering if this is accepted accross 2+2? There are people who pop up from time to itme in B&M who may not be full fledged trolls, but they act like idiots and most people dislike them. I feel like if these people were in OOT [censored] would ban them, so can I ban them?

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW in most cases I don't actually ban the people but simply exile them from OOT and invite them to enjoy the rest of 2+2.

also I am only getting rid of posters who spend all there time in OOT.

In everycase of a poster being banned who contributes to other forums he has been unbanned with a simple explanation of why.

Also I first took my idea to the forum itself. But hasn't this been the case in the Ksteel and other bannings for various forums. If so it would seem that this is already being done and you should as well.

BottlesOf
10-17-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in most cases I don't actually ban the people but simply exile them from OOT and invite them to enjoy the rest of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do that?

Mat Sklansky
10-17-2005, 01:28 AM
I belive that banning from single forums is not possible at the moment. I'm still undecided about censored's policies, but I have definitely been willing to ban people who were generally trollish and unpopular, particularly in the strategy forums if I felt that they addded nothing to the overall discussions.

If you are serious and want to point these users out to me, I'd like to review their posts.

[censored]
10-17-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in most cases I don't actually ban the people but simply exile them from OOT and invite them to enjoy the rest of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply explain to them that they are exiled from OOT for whatever the reason was but that I encourage them to take advantage and use the other 2p2 forums. I explain that if they post in OOT before the exile period is completed I will then ban them.

This actually has worked out very well and so far the exiled have thanked me for cutting them a break.

OOT gets cleaned up, 2p2 maintains the user and the masses don't get as upset by my actions.

I'm not really sure though if it would work for forums like b&m.

durron597
10-17-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you are serious and want to point these users out to me, I'd like to review their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

stanzee (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Name=33065&Sear chpage=0&Limit=25&)

Mat Sklansky
10-17-2005, 01:58 AM
feel free to ban him. from what i read all stanzee does is tell people how wonderful stanzee is

BottlesOf
10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea...I agree though, it's better for OOT where people are more likely to get out of hand in a way that would really only manifest itself in that forum.

durron597
10-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
feel free to ban him. from what i read all stanzee does is tell people how wonderful stanzee is

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU play too tight and are not fit to tie my laces! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3533138&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

I feel like this guy is the master of walking the fine line of trolling without actually doing anything that I consider ban worthy. I mean, he's really good at it. I am impressed.

If he makes another post like the linked one I'll give him a break from 2+2 for awhile.